Chapter 23: Golden

Amber's POV

A week had passed since all the craziness went down. It's still hard to sync in that Nathan almost died and that Meridith is a complete lunatic. I've been visiting Dr.Brookes daily and she's been helping me cope through it all. I haven't gone to work, because I needed the time off to myself.

It was finally the weekend. Kels and I had planned to get Nath and Jay locked in a room backstage to work out there differences at the gig today. After they work things out, I'll go in there and settle things once and for all. I'm not sure who I'll choose. I doubt Jay would want me back; and there's no doubt that Nathan would. But, who am I to choose anything? I've caused them pain and for that, I deserve nothing.

I met up at the gig with Kels. She told Tom to bring Jay into a dressing room and Max to bring Nath into the same one. After that, they were to run out immediately and lock them inside by putting a chair under the door knob. They did exactly that and did it successfully.

Jay's POV

I tried opening the door, but I couldn't. It got me aggravated. Who the hell would plan such a thing? Whom ever they are, they're dead.

"Did you plan this?" I asked yelling while pointing a finger at Nathan.

He shook his head. "Did you?"

"Oh yeah, I totally did" I said sarcastically.

I heard a voice at the door. "You guys aren't coming out until you work everything out" they said. It was Amber. How dare she? If anyone needs to work anything out with me it's her. She cheated on me and shattered my heart. I sacrificed so much for her and she left me with almost nothing.

"Jay relax. This is no big deal" Nath said as I banged on the door.

"I don't exactly feel like being stuck in a room with you especially when AMBER is the one locking us in here."

"I get it, you hate me. I'm not going to to lie, I still kind of hate you. But, I hate myself above all. I don't want Amber to come between you and I. We were best mates. We live together and we're in a boy band together. Are we seriously going to let her and our mistakes ruin all of that? I'm sorry for everything I've done. So, please forgive me so we could move on and pretend like none of this ever happened" Nathan said.

"We can't pretend that none of this happened. It'll stay with us forever."

"I know, I know. I just want things to go back to the way they were. That's why I'm apologizing. So what do ya say?"

"I'm sorry as well. I should've never taken her from you to begin with. I was a selfish idiot who started this whole mess." I sighed. "The only way for us to go back to normal is if you answer this one question."

"Which would be?"

"You've got to choose. Me or Amber?"

Nathan's POV

My heart sunk when he asked me that. How could I choose between the one I love and my used to be best mate? I know what my answer should be, but I can't bring myself to say it. If I choose him then I could never be with Amber. 

"I uh, I choose you" I said lying.

Jay smiled and teared up. Seeing him like that made me tear up as well. He must've missed our friendship as much as I did. "I'm so sorry mate" I said choking on my saliva. Jay pulled me into a hug and my tears began streaming from my eyes. "I'm sorry too" he replied.

Amber's POV

The door opened up and I stepped inside. Kels closed the door and locked us in the room. Jay and Nath pulled apart. Nath stared at me with sorry eyes and Jay stared at me angrily.

"I'm not here to beg for forgiveness or make my pick. It's not like either of you would want me anyway" I said with a nervous laugh.

"I know you're sorry. No need to give a speech" said Jay.

"I'm more than sorry. I never meant to hurt you, neither of you. I became a stupid little hoe who fell in love with two amazing guys I never deserved. I hate that I've ruined everything for you guys."

"And the weirdest part about it is that I still love you and it kills me inside. Yes, I'm mad at you, but I really shouldn't be. You loved Nath from the start and always will. I just wish I knew that before I messed you guys up."

"Are you kidding me? It's obvious that she loves you more. She went crazy without you. She ended up in the hospital from alcohol poisoning if you didn't already know" Nath said.

"What?"

"Yeah, exactly that. Jay mate, if you want to be with her, do it. I don't care anymore. You both deserve each other."

"No way. You both deserve each other. Forget what I said earlier. Her heart belongs to you so go and claim it back."

"Uhhh, hello. I'm still here. You guys do realize I can speak on my behalf, right?"

"Yeah, we do" Nathan said. He turned to Jay and then back at me. "So choose who you want to be with." Jay nodded his head signaling that he wanted me to do so.

Exactly what I thought wouldn't happen, happened. Why would they leave that up to me? Why would they still even want to be with me? After all this, I'm still all they desire. Now, that's true love for you. I don't deserve either of them, at all.

"You guys have a gig tonight and I'm not going to ruin that" I said.

"We'll be fine. Just pick" Jay demanded.

"How about after the show?"

They sighed, looked at each other, and then shrugged. I got Kelsey to let us out. Before the boys headed onto the stage I grabbed each of them by their hands and held them tightly. "Thanks for forgiving me. Now go out there and break a leg" I said. We laughed, and of course, it wasn't a real one. They nodded their heads and I said goodbye. Little did they know that when I said goodbye, I meant goodbye forever.

I know I should've told them about the baby, but they were better off not knowing. I'm glad I was able to get them back to being friends again. It's all I could've ever wanted. Now it's time for me to go and start a new life with my new child.

I snuck out and got into my car. I sat there with my hands on the wheel. I was contemplating whether I should go or not. In the end, I resulted in carrying on with my true intention.

I'll miss everyone with all my heart and soul, but I've got to do what's best for them all. Goodbye everyone. Sorry for everything, but I know it'll all turn out golden for you all in the end. We'll all live happily in our two separate worlds. Problem solved. I never dreamt of the day when I'd find my open door.

This was the finale! I was going to end the story differently, but I thought of making a sequel. Question is, do you guys want one? Let me know in the comments. I hope you enjoyed! I want to thank you all for supporting me and just being incredible readers. You guys have encouraged me to write more and have made me more confident. Thanks so so so so sooooooo much. I truly love you all!!!! <3 muah :*