Chapter 15: Never Let Your Guard Down

You've gussed it. Vid on the side for soundtrack:) The Wanted cover Neon Trees- Animal:) U should watch the vid. Nathan looks like he's high lol. Enjoy:)

Amber's POV

I walked out and saw that it was raining; actually it was pouring hard. I placed my handbag over my head and ran to my car. I then realized my keys were in my bag. I dropped my hand from my head and searched through my bag. Luck wasn't by my side.

Nathan's POV

I couldn't let Amber walk away upset once again. The last time I did she ended up in the hospital. I really don't need that happening again. I have to go out there, apologize, and do as she pleases. It's the only way to make things right. I ran out the flat, made my way to her, and called out her name.

Amber's POV

I heard someone yell out my name and turned around to find Nathan running towards me. He grabbed me by the waist and in panic I placed my hands on the car door and leaned back. He leaned forward, our faces almost touching and said in a whisper "I'm sorry." My eyes enlarged, because he did the worst thing he could possibly have done; he kissed me.

I let my guard down and allowed him to caress me. I didn't know what I was doing. I only knew that it felt good and almost right. The kiss escalated into a full out make out session. Nathan lifted one of his hands and slowly brushed it threw my now drenched hair. I loved when he did that. I have to admit, I missed it too. I missed everything about him, about us or what we were.

A fire began to grow within my chest, my heart that is. It wasn't just any fire. It was a burning sensation in need of love, Nathan's love. Isn't this what Dr.Brookes was trying to point out to me in the hospital. This can't be real. This will all just make everyone fall apart.

Nath finally detached his lips from mine. My eyes remained closed from the astonishment of him kissing me and for wanting it to have prolonged. I could here him breathing hard; I was as well. I opened my eyes and saw rain trailing down his face along with his tears. His eyes were red and puffy.

I didn't know what to say nor did I know what to do. I just wanted to grab his face and press his lips against mine once again. After gaining control of his breathing he spoke and said "I'm sorry for being a jerk. I meant none of what I said." He stopped talking trying to hold back his tears, but he wasn't as strong as Jay. He just let them out.

Still crying he managed to speak; although it was one hell of a battle. "I-I told everyone I wa-was fine with it all , but I wa-was lying, lying to myself and ever-every-everyone. I love y-you too much to let you go. I can't let you be with, with Jay. You ha-have to be with me. You belong with me" he said stuttering.

I drifted my eyes to the side and found a car, a rather familiar looking car. I pierced my eyes into it to try and make out the image of the person within it. It was the one and only Meridith. Once she saw that I could see it was her she backed up, turned the car around, and drove off.

Nathan watched as she drove off and stopped crying. "Meridith?" he asked in confusion.

"Nathan I have to...I uhhh.... I'm gonna go."

"No. Wait. Tell me you love me, because you know you do. If you didn't you would've pulled away from the kiss without hesitation. So say you love me."

"I love you Nathan. Ya happy now?"

"Yeah, because now I know you still do and possibly more than ever. I didn't even have to do much to get the words out of you. You're just trying to play it off, but I'm not stupid. So just to let you know, I'll be fighting for you once again" Nathan said with a smile. Unsure of how to respond or what to do, I got into my car and drove off. Dr.Brookes said she didn't want to kill my mood and that's exactly what she did. I knew I should have come after the funeral. Dr.Brookes calls herself a miracle worker, but I call her a conceded idiot who harasses her clients.

Why did I tell him I loved him? I now know I still do, that I'm still in love with him, but I'm with Jay now. Here we go again; back to the love triangle. I still don't understand why Meridith was there. Did she come to visit Nathan or was she following me around like the crazy whore she is? I don't think I can make an appearance at the funeral, but I have to. I'll just try to avoid her. I'm glad no one else was around to witness what just happened.

I reached my place and entered it. I saw Jay sitting on one of the couches. He was bent over with his chin resting on his hands which were clasped together while his elbows were on his legs as the support for his arms to stand up. He was in deep thought. I closed the door and he turned his attention to me. He grabbed his phone out from his pocket and displayed a picture upon it's screen to me.