Chapter 21: That Open Door

Ambers POV

There I was once again fluttering my eyes open to try and fight the bright light. Just like I expected, I was laid out on a hospital bed. I saw a male doctor in the corner filling out paper work. I sat up and waited for him to notice me. He lifted his and said "Oh. Good morning! How are you feeling?"

"Surprisingly not hungover."

"That would be because we got all of the alcohol out of your system." He walked over to me and shook my hand saying "I'm Dr.Benedict."

"Nice meeting you. I'm sure you know my name already."

"Yup, and I'm sure  you had intentions of giving yourself alcohol poisoning?"

"And that explains why I'm here. Your incorrect about that. I had a bad breakup and drowned myself in alcohol. I know, I know, I have a suicidal record. It wasn't my intention to harm myself in any way. I just went a little over board. I'm done with all the crazy suicidal thoughts and blah blah blah."

"Good. You're still going to get a visit from your psychiatrist though."

"Of course" I said with a sigh.

"Ohhh don't be upset about it. She's just trying to make the world a better place for you and your baby."

I sqiunted my brows in confusion. "I'm sorry, what? I think you have the wrong patient. I'm Amber Wilson. I'm not pregnant."

"Good to know you weren't trying to kill your baby. You're the right patient; you were just unaware that you're pregnant."

"Wh-Wh-What? How is that possible?"

"Well, a male and fe-"

"I know how it happens. I just don't understand how. I've been taking birth control pills" I said cutting him off.

"You must've forgotten to take a few."

"Oh my gosh! This can't be true. How will I even know who's the father?" I exclaimed.

"Youch. You've got yourself in quite a predicament."

"I'm not a whore or anything. Sorry for the foul language."

"It's ok."

"I've been in this whole love triangle and ended up sleeping with my ex, because I missed him and because I'm a complete idiot. Now my boyfriend left me and ugh! What's happened to me?"

"First I get a patient who's a member from a boy band and got hit from a minivan and then I get a patient who doesn't know who's the father of her child. This is going to be one hell of an interesting week."

"Did you say a boy band member?"

"Yeah, he's from Wanting or something like that."

"The Wanted!" 

"Yeah, that one. You're a fan?"

"Not only a fan, but I've sorta dated two of the members. That would explain the whole love triangle. So, who's the patient?"

"Yup, it's gonna be an interesting week. I'm not supposed to give off any information, but since you know them personally, I'll tell you." He looked through his papers that were attached to his clip board and said "Nathan Sykes." I covered my mouth and slid back down as my head sunk into the pillows.

"Which one is he?"

I removed my hand and hesitated to speak. "He's the ex."

"This is like a soap opera" he said laughing.