five

CHAPTER FIVE

[ friends? ]

❑❜

"I HEARD YOU DIDN'T HAVE MANY FRIENDS." oikawa started, tapping the wood of the bookshelf beside his body.

"I don't know where you heard that but it's really none of your business." you retorted, you were a little offended. You scanned around, looking for the book he requested.

The boy pouted, puckering his lips. You rolled your eyes at him.

"Wanna be friends?" he asked out of nowhere which got you surprised. Your eyebrows furrowed as you reached out to one of the books on the second shelf.

"No thank you." you flicked through the pages of the book you just grabbed and realized it's the one oikawa needs.

"Oh come ooooon, y/n." he whined, "Anyone else would've instantly agreed to be my friend as soon as I asked them." he added, still pouting.

"Then, you should ask them instead." you raised an eyebrow at him, handing him the book about thermochemistry.

His eyes flickered to the book before going back to meet yours. He slowly grabbed the book from your hold.

"But you and iwa-chan are friends, that's unfair." he crossed his arms, tucking the book under them.

Your face washed with confusion, "Me and iwaizumi? No we aren't, that was just a coincidence." you blinked.

"But why can't we be friends?" he asked.

"I never said that." you turned around to leave, the boy following after you.

He stared down at you while walking because you were a couple inches shorter than him.

"So can we be friends?"

"I don't need friends." you clicked your tongue. You went back to your desk chair and sat, ignoring oikawa's stare.

"You're missing out. Having friends is so much fun especially if you're friends with me." he pointed to himself with a smirk on his face.

"Right." you took out a library permit and signed it before giving it to the boy in front of you. "It expires in two days so you have to bring the book back before Friday. If you don't, you have to pay the fee."

You eyed him, giving him the permit.

"Alright, Ms. Library Assistant." he took the permit and shoved it down the pocket of his backpack.

───

As you were walking back to your classroom from the bathroom, you were stopped by your math teacher. She was holding a stack of papers.

"Oh, y/n, lucky I bumped into you." she said, "Can you bring this to Mr. (r/t/n)? He really needs the files but I have a meeting in three minutes and I can't miss it." she looked at you pleadingly.

"Oh, um, of course, Ma'am." you replied, smiling awkwardly.

"Thank God! Here, I appreciate your help, y/n." she hands you the stack of papers which you pensively took.

"He's the teacher of Class 3-6, right?" you asked, just to make sure you weren't wrong.

"Yes, his room is on the second floor." she answered before leaving to go to her meeting.

Fortunately, you knew where the Class 3-6's classroom was so you were sure you wouldn't get lost.

Holding the papers firmly as to not make them accidentally fall, you walked towards Class 3-6.

When you arrived, you knocked on the door lightly three times, a bit apprehensive because they're probably in the middle of class.

The door was opened by Mr. (r/t/n) who had his eyebrows furrowed. You found yourself break out into cold sweat because all the attention was now on you. You felt yourself grow under pressure.

"G-good afternoon Sir. Mrs. (r/t/n) asked me to bring you these." you gestured to the stack of paper in your hands.

His eyes light up with realization, opening the door wider and motioned you to come in.

"Put them on the table, thank you." he instructed which you immediately followed.

The teacher continued his lecture as you made your way in front of class towards the table. You set the papers there carefully and bowed to the teacher so you can take you leave.

On your way out, your eyes moved to the back of class when you felt an intense stare from there.

You locked eyes with the one and only oikawa tooru making your face contort in irritation. He grinned at you and waved. You shook your head, continuing to exit the room.

The interaction didn't go unnoticed to the people in the room, including the red head that was so obsessed with oikawa. Her eyes were full of malice, watching your figure leave the room.

Hanamaki and Mattsun looked at their friend teasingly and Iwaizumi glared at his bestfriend because he already knew oikawa probably did something annoying to make you look at him that way. Oikawa only laughed in response.

Meanwhile, you were running through the halls because you were already late, and your teacher was probably gonna kill you.