six

CHAPTER SIX

[ not friends ]

❑❜

AS YOU WERE CHECKING your trusty clipboard for any agendum that you might've missed, the sound of heavy footsteps resonated from the entrance of the library.

You looked up briefly to see who it is, and lo and behold, oikawa, clad in his usual volleyball uniform.

"Back so soon?" you started, flipping through your clipboard nonchalantly.

The footfalls stopped in front of you, and a pair of arms covered with the aoba johsai volleyball team jacket entering your line of vision.

"Duh, of course. The library is already my favorite place. Especially the person who's always in here during lunch." he replied, smoothly. His head was on his left hand supporting it.

"I call bullshit." you narrowed your eyes at him as you backed away.

He shrugged, chuckling, "Whatever you say, y/n."

You inwardly groan when he used your first name even though you told him not to. Annoying.

"Why are you here, oikawa." as you said his name your tone was dripping with exasperation. You let go of your clipboard, letting it drop with a soft thud.

"I came to bring this back. You did say before Friday right?" he handed you the book about thermochemistry that he borrowed just yesterday.

"Well, yeah, but I didn't mean as soon as possible." you took the book, setting it in the small basket next to you.

"Eh." he shrugged his broad shoulders.

"What are you doing?" he asked out of nowhere when you started to fiddle with your clipboard again.

"Making sure I have everything organised." you looked at him for a second and averted them back to the clipboard after.

He snorted, "Oh so you're a little miss perfect." he tapped his fingers on the desk, still standing in front of you.

"And is there something wrong with that?" you rolled your eyes.

He shifted his weight as he put his training bag on the vacant space on the table beside you, "What kind of books do you like reading?" he leaned his face closer to you but you were oblivious due to the fact that you were too immersed in your clipboard.

"Why are you suddenly asking so many questions?" you inquired, sighing.

"Just trying to get to know my friend better." the tone of his voice was low.

"Stop, we're not friends." you lifted your head up and squealed, backing away when you noticed oikawa's face
was just mere inches away from yours.

He leaned away and laughed, pocketing his hands nonchalantly.

"WE WILL BE FRIENDS, MARK MY WORDS!" he said in a funny sounding bass voice. His fist was held up to the air to emphasize his statement.

"You look stupid." you snickered, shaking your head at his idiocy. "Scratch that, you are stupid."

───

The next following days, oikawa kept visiting the library, borrowing random books and asking personal questions like where do you live and shit. He even asked you what your bra size was. Glad to say there is now a hand imprint on his cheek.