nineteen

CHAPTER NINETEEN

[ congratulations ]

❑❜

"I JUST REMEMBERED―"

Oikawa laughed as the both of you were walking towards your usual place to eat on fridays. Well, it's not friday today, it's monday but the library was closed today so you had no choice but to eat with the others. They don't know that you and Oikawa are dating now, and they're probably gonna be surprised when you tell them.

"What?" you expected it would be something stupid because it's Oikawa so you rolled your eyes. He swinged his arm over your shoulder, making you shrug it off because there were people around who were seeing this.

He glared at you as you shook your head at him, "I just remembered how many times you rejected me as your friend but now look at us, in a relationship. It's because you're such a stubborn cutie, Ms. Library Assistant." he smirked, pinching one of your cheeks making you grow red.

"Let's not talk about that." you grunted as you crossed your arms in embarrassment.

"Okay, baby." he chuckled, lowering his head and pecking you on the temple. It made your face grow even more red both from the embarrassment and from the chills.

"Stop that, Oikawa, everyone's staring at us." you looked at the ground and took a few steps away from your boyfriend.

You saw his jaw clench while he gave death glares to the people in the hallways watching you and whispering. He, then, walked closer towards you, taking your hand in his and intertwining them. You looked up at him apprehensively. You tried to unwind your hand from his but he only tightened his grip.

"Don't mind them, babe. I'm not gonna hide my relationship just to satisfy them. I want to enjoy every moment with you." he said, the seriousness and sincereness on his face. You almost melted as you nodded your head. You didn't know Oikawa could be such a smooth talker.

You shortly arrived in front of the courtyard where the table you always used was located. The boys were already there, chatting amongst themselves. Iwaizumi turned around from his seat and laid his eyes on you, as his smile dropped and it was replaced with a shocked expression. His eyes darted to your conjoined hands and to Oikawa's smirking face.

I think I missed an episode. Iwaizumi thought to himself.

Iwaizumi stared at the both of you with a knowing smirk as your figures walked closer. The others noticed your presence shortly after and it was followed with a deafening silence. Makki and Mattsun shared a look with each other, Kyotani had on an expression of disbelief, Kunimi couldn't care less and decided to play on his phone, ignoring the both of you while Yahaba was suppressing a laugh. It was expected to happen eventually anyways, none of them were surprised.

You stepped closer to Oikawa shyly.

"Oh come on, I don't get a congratulations?" Oikawa pouted jokingly. "What kind of friends." you pinched his arm, giving him the stink eye. He yelped quietly.

"Oi! Finally, the sexual tension was getting painful." Yahaba sighed in relief, following it with a laugh. Makki laughed with him.

"Congrats on finally getting some pussy, Oikawa!" Makki bellowed while laughing. You glared at him for his comment whilst Oikawa gave him a thumbs up with a smirk.

Mattsun strided over to you, "Hey y/n, if Oikawa breaks your heart, I'll be here." He winked at you, making you laugh.

"Mattsun!" Oikawa whined, wrapping his arms around your waist as he made you face him. He stuffed your head into his chest. Everyone laughed at your expense.

───

"Don't you have volleyball practice, Oikawa?" You asked, your hands weaving through his soft, chocolate hair which you had on your lap as he laid on the green grass. Oikawa stared up at you while you looked down at him.

"I still have 10 minutes." he answered, smiling.

The both of you were sitting on the courtyard grass where it was mostly scarce of students.

"If you don't go now, you'd probably be late. The gym is far from here." you frowned, pinching his cheeks playfully making them puff up.

He took your hand and gave it a hearty peck. He smiled up at you, "I could always run." he laughed.

You flicked his forehead with your other hand that was not in his grip.

"Don't get smart with me."

"Plus, I'd rather be here with you. My legs are still sore from that last training." he sighed, continuing to close his eyes. He held your hand on top his rising and falling chest. It tugged at your heartstrings.

"You're being so sappy." you clicked your tongue with a tiny smile on your lips. "I'm telling your coach you said that." you chuckled.

"Hey! Foul!" He opened his eyes which were gleaming with lark.

"I'm not joking." you rolled your eyes, amusedly.

He grunted in response as he lifted his body off your lap and cheekily placed his hands on your shoulders. You looked at him surprised.

He pushed you onto the ground, abruptly but gently. He was now over your tensed up body. Him shadowing over you like a tree shading in a meadow.

"Oh yeah?" he cockily smirked before leaning down to make your lips meet his.

You instinctively wrapped your arms around his neck, your hands trailing over his chest and shoulders. As you pulled him down on top of you. The familiar butterflies erupted inside your warm stomach.

Leading to a full-blown make out session on the dewy grass that resulted to Oikawa being late to his volleyball practice.