eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

[ indirect kiss ]

❑❜

"WE REALLY SHOULDN'T BE EATING IN HERE." you whispered to the brunette next to you as you stared at the bento box he gave you.

The bento was full of well-cooked meat, rice, seaweeds and some sushi rolls. There was spicy sauce on the side for the sushi. All in all, it smelled heavenly.

"There's nobody in here, y/n, calm down." he chuckled, even though you were a bundle of nerves.

"If a teacher passes by and sees us, I'm throwing you under the bus." you gave him a deathly glare, grabbing abruptly the chopsticks that he handed you.

"Sure." he rolled his eyes with a playful smile on his face, "Tell me if you like the food, my mom made them."

"Really? It smells pretty good." you told him to which oikawa beamed at.

The both of you started to dig in and you almost let out a moan as soon as the food entered your taste buds. The cooking skills were on par with your mother and that's saying something because your mom was the best cook you've ever met.

"Good?" oikawa asked you, munching on a piece of seaweed.

You nodded your head eagerly, "Definitely, this is so good like this food can rail me." you said.

Your eyes widened as oikawa let out a booming laugh. Your face was now beet red when you realized what you just said.

Oops, didn't mean to say that out loud.

Oikawa stopped laughing, his expression was now replaced with a teasing smirk.

"You wanna be railed, y/n?" he began stepping closer to you, making you back away. His warm breath was fanning your beet red face and you wished the ground would just swallow you up.

"I was just joking, dude." you continued backing away when your back and elbows hit the stack of books behind you. Resulting to them falling down on the floor.

Oikawa stopped advancing and let out a loud laugh again before going out of the counter to retrieve the fallen books.

You slapped your cheeks to stop them from warming up again before following after him.

"You really can't take a joke, huh." you said while rolling your eyes at him.

He shrugged his shoulders, picking up the books from the floor, "I mean I though you wanted to be railed, because I can totally help with that." he told you, smirking.

"Physics and volleyball aren't the only things I'm good at." he turned to you, wiggling his eyebrows.

You suppressed the urge to slap the living daylights out of him.

"You're so annoying. I wonder how Iwaizumi puts up with you." you groaned out, helping him with the books.

"As I've been told." he replied.

The both of you went back to behind the counter to finish your lunch. Your eyebrows furrowed when you didn't see the chopsticks you had left on the desk beside the bento box. You could've sworn you left it there.

You turned to oikawa to see him holding the exact same wooden chopsticks you were using earlier.

"Hey those are mine." you said in irritation, pointing at the chopsticks he was holding. He took a piece of meat using the chopsticks and put it into his mouth. Your nose scrunched up.

"Those ones are yours, dummy." he replied, pointing lazily at the chopsticks in front of both bento boxes.

But you know for sure that you didn't put them there. And you weren't the kind to forget so easily and in a short amount of time.

"No, idiot. Those are yours," the amount of annoyance was eating you up, you swiped the chopsticks he was holding from his hands, "These are mine."

"Oh." was his only reply before picking up the ones that was actually his. You snickered at the dumb bitch.

"Nice one, Mr. I'm in the advanced class for physics." the words rolled off your tongue mockingly.

He frowned for a second until it morphed into a zealous grin. Your eyebrows furrowed as you picked up a piece of sushi, dipped it into the sauce and popped it into your mouth.

"What? Stop looking at me weirdly." you apprehended, continuing to eat your food nonchalantly.

He gave you a childish little giggle.

"We just indirectly kissed each other."