fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

[ awkward ]

❑❜

THREE DAYS HAD passed.

You've been ignoring Oikawa, even though it kinda hurt. You were still confused about your feelings so you thought avoiding him was the better choice.

He still came in every lunchtime, trying to talk to you but you would only give him one-worded answers. He'd sit five feet away from you, eating while you worked. Nonetheless, you still ignored him. He'd wait for you until you locked up the library after lunch, silently following you around as you continued not to acknowledge him. He would constantly text you too, you muted him though.

But each passing day, you were finding it harder and harder not to talk to him. It felt odd. You didn't like the feelings that you were developing for Oikawa. Not after you denying so many times that you weren't friends or whatever.

Today was friday which means you had to eat with Iwaizumi and the others which also means you had to meet Oikawa. To put it simply, you were dreading it.

IWAIZUMI :)

Hey, we're in the caf

it's raining so hard outside.

sent. (11:44AM)

You turned to look out the window and it was, in fact, raining buckets. How come you didn't notice that before? Guess you were too immersed in the thought of Oikawa. That reminded you, you didn't have an umbrella with you because you forgot it. You hoped it would stop raining in the afternoon.

With low spirits, you made your way towards the cafeteria. You walked amongst the bustling student body. You were slightly annoyed towards all the noise.

After walking for a few minutes, you arrived at the entrance of the cafeteria. You began looking around for the people you came here for. The cafeteria was halfly full, because not all the students have been let out of their last periods yet, so that's fortunate. Your eyes sat on Mattsun who was waving his arms around, you shook your head before stiffly making your way towards them.

You searched around the table for Oikawa, and gave out a sigh of relief when you didn't see him anywhere. The other people in the cafeteria were following your figure, wondering why you were sitting with the seijoh volleyball club. But with one threatening look from Iwaizumi, everyone stopped staring.

You sat in between Mattsun and a vacant seat. Iwaizumi was eyeing you with a knowing look, and you gave him a deadpanned stare.

"Oikawa isn't here yet, but he'll be here in a couple of minutes." Iwaizumi said, shaking a box of orange juice before piercing the top with a straw.

"Oh, okay. I didn't really ask." you shrugged your shoulders as you took out your bento box.

Everyone else in the table stared at you with raised eyebrows, obviously they already knew what happened with you and Oikawa.

"What?" you asked them, staring at them with a muddled expression on your face.

"Nothing, nothing." Mattsun spoke, everyone else shook their heads, making you roll your eyes.

You opened your bento box and Mattsun immediately perked up. He leaned closer and took a whiff of your home-made food. You break apart your chopsticks while looking at Mattsun.

"Mattsun, stop sniffing my food." you reprimanded. Your bento box consisted of cucumber slices, red rice, chicken wings and chicken nuggets. And a bit of sauce on the side.

"Mmmmm, nuggies." He stared at your bento box dreamily, he wanted to steal it. You scoffed at him. "Looks so good, y/n." he stared at you expectantly.

"You have your own food, Mattsun, don't even think of having mine." You answered him as you felt someone sit beside you on the vacant seat. The hairs on your back stood up, and you realized the rest of the table had gone quiet.

You turned your body, casually and you see Oikawa sitting there, smiling awkwardly at you. You pursed your lips before grabbing your chopsticks so you could start eating.

"That was so tense, man." You hear Makki say from across the table, followed by a slap and a grunt. You presumed someone had hit him.

You ate and ignored Oikawa, simultaneously. It was really difficult though, because your shoulders, you knees, or, your elbows would continuously bump into each other, making the both of you apologize at the same time. Super awkward.

"Sorry, y/n." Oikawa apologized once again. So you moved slightly closer to Mattsun's side as to avoid the contact from happening again.

You heard someone snort but you ignored it.

And thus, you continued eating. You were interrupted when someone tried to get a hold of your nuggets, aka Mattsun. You slapped his hand, swiveling your head to glare at him.

"Mattsun, stop. I'm gonna punch you if you try to steal my nuggets again." you threatened him.

"But, nuggies." he pouted at you. He clasped his hands together in a praying stance.

"No, Mattsun, fuck off." you groaned, covering your bento box with your arms.

"Ayo, are y'all really flirting right now?" Makki laughed teasingly as Mattsun tried to take your nuggets again. But you bit his hand. You, then, narrowed your eyes at Makki for what he said.

"Are you a dog?" Mattsun frowned, he was on the verge of tears. He wanted those nuggets so bad.

"Really? In front of my salad?" Yahaba added on, trying not to burst out laughing. Iwaizumi was shaking his head in disappointment, you didn't know why though.

"Fine, fuck. Here you go, you pig." you hissed, handing Mattsun his nuggets.

"Thank you!"

You sighed and you accidentally turned your head to your left side.

Your eyes widened at the darkened look on Oikawa's face while he gripped his chopsticks so hard that his knuckles were turning white. You watched his jaw chew on the food so deliberately as he stared down at the table. He was tapping his foot on the floor, Oikawa wanted, no he needed to hit something until it broke. The emotions that was rampaging inside him were in chaos.

I think I just fucked up, you thought.