-What If Eddie Told Paul?- 1

***This is the first part of a non-canon series. It starts after Eddie is confronted by John and Mimi (Chapter 24)***

July 29th, 1961

"He got you pregnant, didn't he?" John's words kept on repeating in Eddie's mind as she sat on the wooden bench at the back of her aunt's garden.

Her heart never beat that fast and she couldn't contain the storm her family has started in her core. John finally put a finger on it and she was unable to do otherwise; she confessed. She was indeed pregnant. Mimi yelled at her before she could explain herself. In second thoughts, maybe it was a good thing because Eddie had yet found the right words to describe what would seriously upset her family. She let them shout at her under their initial emotional impulse as she was at a lost, not knowing how to tell them Paul wasn't even the baby's father. At this very moment, John and Mimi were still believing so as they were not so subtly spying on her from the small kitchen window above the sink.

Eddie slowly rocked herself, her arms wrapped over her stomach, trying to ease the pain from being scolded at inflicted on her, thinking the worst was yet to happen. Paul had to know everything. She was anxiously waiting for her fiancé to show up after she unwillingly rang him up after the tempest of anger, judgements and disappointment she just got through. In the heat of the moment, she just wanted to disappear from the face of the earth, but as soon as she saw Paul push the garden gate door, this desire to vanish completely melted away. The young man smiled at the sight of the woman he loved and quickly walked to her, eager to share a long-awaited embrace that would put an end at the three days they spent apart.

"Hello my love." Paul greeted, bending over to press his lips against Eddie's. The kiss was short-lived as he felt his partner's discomfort. "Are you okay? What happened in there?" He asked, sitting down beside Eddie, gently rubbing her thigh. Eddie couldn't contain her tears a single second more when her eyes met with his irresistible hazel orbs. She sobbed loudly, burying her face in Paul's shoulder. "They're livid. I've just disappointed them forever."

"What? What's the mater?" Paul elevated Eddie's chin with the tip of his fingers., offering her a soft smile in hopes of calming her down. Eddie shook her head, her face turning red and her nose ungracefully running. "What the hell put you in such a state?" Paul questioned, pulling his baby blue handkerchief from the back pocket of his dark-washed jeans to carefully wipe the corner of her eyes. Eddie thanked him, grabbing the piece of fabric to blow her nose. Shutting her eyes, she tried to calm herself down with a deep inbreath with the help of Paul rubbing her lower back.

"Love, please tell me what's wrong." Paul's soft and tranquil voice only made Eddie more stressed about what was on the verge of happening; divulge what happened in Hamburg and it's consequences. She no more choice. "You'll get angry like them." She cried, shaking her head once more. Paul chuckled, getting nervous. "What? I'm not mad about what happened three days ago if it's what you're referring to."

In all there waves of emotions, Eddie already had forgotten about her outburst in Paul's bedroom; him trying to grab her and convince her to finally have sex, his hands on her hips, him falling backwards after she forcibly pushed him away, screaming. "I just don't know where to start." She mumbled, starring at the ground. "From the beginning." Paul's heart rate began to accelerate, seeing how difficult it was for his fiancé to reveal what she had in mind. "Ed, please." He insisted.

Eddie sighed, tilting her head backwards to look at the night's sky. "That last night in Hamburg..." She stopped, feeling her throat tightening up. "Yes...what about it?" Questioned Paul.

"Paul, please give me time." Eddie begged, turning to him. Paul caressed her left cheek, apologizing. " I'm here fore you. You know that, don't you?" With tears running down her cheeks, Eddie, nodded, wrapping her arms around Paul's neck before surprising him with a kiss, hoping it would give her the slightest of courage. She rested her forehead on his with her bottom lip trembling. She feared it might be their last kiss before spilling out what has pilled up upon her shoulders for a month and a half, pressing her down into sorrow a little bit more everyday. "You know I love you...but there is a reason why I'm afraid of sleeping with you. That last night in Germany. Uh....I was..." She burst out in tears again, simultaneously revealing was was hunting her for what seemed to her like the longest of times. "These men, they...they violated me."