{21} Humble

I woke up cuddled into Carter. I had a feeling this was going to happen often so I wasn't alarmed waking up being engulfed by someone else's body. His warm body pressed against mine as my head was tucked under his chin. One of his arms was slung over my waist as his hand splayed against my back. I had no clue where his other arm was due to his chest obscuring my view of anything. I was however shocked at the fact that he was shirtless. I don't recall him taking his t-shirt off before bed.  

I moved myself backwards admiring this peaceful look on his face. I preferred it much more than his usual cocky one. Deciding to wake him up I tapped his cheek with more force than required. His blue eyes stared into mine looking lost so I reminded him, "You stayed over yesterday. Pissed me off a lot. I couldn't fall asleep."

He rubbed his tired eyes and did something I was unaccustomed to. He smiled. Sure we had laughed a couple of times but I had never really seen him smile. It was so rare that it made him look ten times better than usual. His eyes that were usually narrowed when he looked at me were much more softer as the corners of his lips lifted, revealing his straight pearly whites. Lucky bastard. By any means I didn't have crooked teeth they just weren't perfectly straight. He looked genuinely pleased to see me I couldn't help but smile back. 

"What happened to your shirt then?"

"Got too hot in the middle of the night. Had to take it off. Besides I'm sure you don't mind," he teased.

"I don't mind but I'm sure Hannah would have something to say."

He rolled his eyes. "Ugh. Don't remind me of the she devil. We're over anyway."

"Don't fret you'll get back in a day or two."

He snorted. "No like permanently. I ended it yesterday."

"Uh-huh." I just made a noise as my face expressed my disbelief.

"Are you calling me a liar?"

"Well I ain't calling you a truther." He just shook his head entertained by my tactics.

"What inspired this separation between you two love birds?"

"Love birds? Yeah right. Anyways I broke up with her after your fight this Friday."

"How did you. You were with me all Friday."

"I texted her."

"Dick." We both laughed about it. I would've told him how he shouldn't of done that but I wasn't Hannah's biggest fan so I got some joy out of her misery.

"So all I heard was that you broke up with her because of me."

"Don't get big headed. I just used your fight as an excuse. I was planning on ending it for ages I just need a valid reason so she wouldn't come back."

"Admit it. You broke up with her because you couldn't stand to see her fight one of your friends."

"No. Your so annoying."

"And your cute," I absentmindedly commented as he got up and stretched. You know how yesterday I said to Hannah I would take my time with him. Well yeah I wasn't fibbing about that, you should see his body. God definitely spent extra time on him. The sunlight peeping through my blinds was just adding to it. He's certainly muscular and toned to say the least. Even his tattoos couldn't hide that, if anything they just accentuated his abs. 

"Good morning," I chirped once I was in the kitchen seeing Danny, Al and Eli.

"Your in a good mood."

"Yeah does it have anything to do with the fact there was a certain boy in your room," Al said wiggling his eyebrows.

"Gosh. You act more like a teenage girl than I do."