Epilogue

"Can you answer the fucking door?" Carter shouted from upstairs. 

What a lovely husband I have!  Just because someones been pounding on the door for five minutes doesn't mean I need to go answer it.

"Do it yourself!" I shouted back.

"Fucking," Maddox, my five year old, giggled.

I was about to scold him but my daughter did it for me.

"Mommy said no swearing Maddy." At first it was strange to hear them call me mom instead of mum. I always thought my kids would be British. 

My daughter, Lux, was so cute but I had no idea where her genes came from. She was the epitome of an angel. She was so polite, never made a fuss. Not a troublesome bone in her body.

Now Maddox on the other hand... To put it bluntly he's a little shit, definitely picked up his mischievous ways from his dad. This is what I get for naming him Maddox.

But it's so hard telling him off for doing shit that I think's funny. 

Maddox blew a raspberry in Lux's face. "Bitch," he muttered. My eyebrows raised to the roof when I heard him say 'bitch'. Where did he learn that from? 

I placed Lux on my lap as I saw her eyes well up. She was definitely on the more sensitive side. Her cute button nose shrivelled up as she tried to hold in her cries.

"We are definitely getting a swear jar when you're older," I said under my breath.

"Maddox pack it in. Now." I internally awed as I saw his eyes soften when he saw Lux crying. Although he may not show it most the time, he loves his twin sister with his whole heart.

"Sorry Lux. You can have my dinosaur if you want," he pouted, trying to hand her his t-rex.

"No thank you Maddy I don't like dinosaurs," she politely declined. I just wanted to squish her cute face. I hugged her closer to me and ruffled Maddox's hair.

"You're so lazy," Carter said to me as he approached the front door where the incessant knocking still hadn't ceased.

"Hey! I have an excuse," I said placing a protective hand on my stomach. I don't know how I'm going to handle three kids. Maddox is enough trouble for a lifetime. 

"Daddy tell Lux not to call me Maddy," he whined.

"Why not?" Carter chuckled opening the door, letting our guests enter.

"It's not manly enough," Maddox said flexing his non-existent muscles.

"You still sleep with your pink bunny rabbit. How's that for manly," Eli snorted. Eli still hadn't grown up although he managed to get a wife and have a kid. Max was mini version of Eli, just more cute. I don't know why people hate kids they just do and say what adults think in a more cute manner.

Yes we names our kids so their names sound alike. What about it?

We collectively let out a chuckle when Maddox punched Eli in the balls.

"I would apologise on his behalf but you deserved it," Carter said slapping Eli on the back.

"You," Eli said narrowing his eyes at my son. Need I remind you he's arguing with a child.

"You," Maddox said sticking his tongue out.

I ignored them turning to the only sane adult in this room.

"Hi Penelope," I smiled. After all these years they had stayed together. 

"Hi Scarlett." She was still as cute as she was back then. Eventually she came out of her shell with us. I think she was intimidated by our loud personalities. Although she's still shy with strangers.