Great Forest of Hyrule.

Sheik had definitely not slept for long the majority of the time they were out. When they got home he showered instantly, cooked a few potions and took two of them before collapsing in the bed. He hadn't even dried his hair fully or brushed it, just braided it partly wet and left it like that. While he slept against the wall beneath the window Link took his right arm and looked it over carefully. There was a bright red mark that was welting where the metal from his shield had heated up because of the laser and burned his skin. A similar mark was on Link's shoulder from where he got hit indirectly with it.

There were still the potions Sheik made him sitting on the bedside table. He would have to take one himself before sleeping. Link had cleaned and bandaged his own wound, since it was just a graze, but Sheik seemed like he damaged muscles inside his arm. He ran the tips of his fingers over Sheik's forearm and felt him shiver on the bed, goosebumps rising against his skin. He hadn't stirred though and Link wondered if those potions had something extra in it to help him sleep. Setting his arm back down Link stood and went to shower himself. He changed into a simple shirt and pants before joining Sheik back upstairs in bed.

He slept better himself than he had in a long while, not having to worry about getting too close to Sheik at night.

For once when he woke up he wasn't alone. Link rubbed his face against what he was pillowed on top of, yawned and wiggled a bit closer. When he opened his eyes he found himself blinking down into the thin blue fabric of a shirt with the Sheikah Eye on it. He turned his head a bit and looked up at Sheik, the other still fast asleep. When he tried to move he found that Sheik had actually grabbed hold of Link's shirt, the fabric twisted tightly in his grip. Gently he took the others hand and removed it from his shirt to leave the bed.

He spent the first half of the morning getting dressed and cooking them a good breakfast, undoubtedly needed after what they experienced yesterday. When he set the table Sheik finally came downstairs, fully dressed in his uniform and mask around his neck. He took a seat at the table and Link sat across from him, gaze searching his body for any sign of pain. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, the potions fixed the worst of the damage." He flexed his arm and rotated his wrist. "In a few days I'll have proper strength and control again."

"That was dangerous. I would really prefer it if you didn't do it again." Link was also determined to not give him the chance to do it again. Even if it meant he had to cover Sheik instead.

Sheik signed and nudged at his plate, only taking small bites of his food. "I don't intend to, but if I hadn't we would have died." Probably, he wasn't doubting that. But the risk being Sheik wasn't worth it. Link messed up and the fault laid with him, it wasn't Sheik's job to cover for him. "I know you worry though, so I'll try to be more careful." That was more than he could hope for so he would take it. Smiling, he nodded his head and ate his breakfast.

Sheik cleared the table once they were done, washed the dishes and putting them up to dry. Link hung up Revali's bow, now on the weapon rack like the Mipha's spear. When Sheik joined him at his side he looked over to him. "What are we doing today?"

"I was hoping you would go somewhere with me."

Sheik wasn't from here, where could he possibly know to go? "Where?" He questioned, turning fully as Sheik's red gaze bore into his own.

"The Lost Woods."

It had been a long time, probably even two months at this point, since he was last there. It was weird to think that he felt so close to Sheik and yet he had only been with him for a few months at most. The Lost Woods were their starting point and he hoped it wouldn't be their ending. But, apart from the Hero of Time's grave, he wasn't white sure what else would be there for them. But, Link would go anywhere that Sheik wanted, and he didn't even have to ask honestly. "Sure, did you want to leave now? We can teleport to the Shrine near there outside Woodland Stables."