Yiga Clan Hideout

"Not the most subtle people, are they?" Sheik blinked down at the mountain pass and the array of paper decorations that were strung through it. His gaze switched, looking to the rock beside them. He blinked, squinted and then lifted his gaze to Link. "Why is it a frog?"

Was it? Link leaned forward and looked to the front of the rock. Indeed, it was shaped like a frog. "I honestly have no idea. I think a better question would be; why did they take the time to carve so many frog shaped rocks?" He looked down over the mountain pass and saw about fifty more beneath them. "Are frogs important to the Sheikah?"

"No. These people are just weird." It was a good enough answer for him. They climbed down the mountain until they were on the sand once again. It was truly a direct path right up to the Yiga Hideout so they simply started following the climb upward. They dodged the rocks that were thrown down, hardly a challenge considering the slow fall they had due to the sand. The frog stones only seemed to increase the further up they got.

And just like that it opened to an entrance to a cave. Well, less of a cave and more of a hollowed out place with flags and torches. There was a large circular rock formation in the middle with stairs, surrounded by torches that looked out to the rest of the area. Several other stairs surrounded it leading up to heavy flags that covered whatever they were hiding. Sheik made an intrigued sound beside him and looked to the torches before the flags. "Reminds me of the Shadow Temple."

"Really?" Link blinked and looked around with a renewed interest.

"The Shadow Temple's entrance was hidden behind a puzzle. To gain access one had to light a circle of torches at the same time. Only then would the path forward be granted." How did you light several torches at the same time? Well, considering what he's seen Sheik do, it was probably a simple task.

"I think I'm more surprised they got it right." Sheik chuckled next to him and climbed down to head toward one of the drapes. Link followed after him and slipped behind one of the curtains to find a series of stairs. They headed up deeper into the room and when they reached the top were greeted by a cage. An actual cage that held what looked to be a Gerudo. As they made their way forward to it Sheik inspected the mark on the side of it, a weird glowing rectangle symbol with the Yiga's crest, arrows and eyes.

Link turned his gaze to the Gerudo. Or more accurately she had drawn his attention by whispering. "Hey, what are you doing here? This is the hideout of those Yiga thieves who stole the Thunder Helm. If they spot you, they'll call their friends for sure. There's no way you can take them all on. If only you had some way of distracting them..." she sighed and shook her head. "Listen, this place is dangerous. You should get out of here while you still can. I can take care of myself."

"I got it." Link blinked and turned from his conversation to Sheik. His partner had pulled a piece of paper out from his suit somewhere. He bit on the side of his index finger and with a line of blood drew onto the paper symbols that looked a bit like what was on the side of the prison cell but different. When he was finished he held the paper between his index and middle finger, concentrated for a second and then threw it at the Yiga's mark. It burst into bright blue flames, absorbed the Yiga crest and then the doors to the cell vanished.

Just vanished. Link had never been more surprised by anything. He startled back, bumped into Sheik and heard his partner chuckle. "They're not the best with talismans."

Link wanted to ask just what a Talisman was but before he got the chance Barta was standing and walking out. She fixed her skirt, adjusted her mask and turned to them. "So, a Sheikah hmm? Never thought I'd see the day one of you is decent at being anything other than a coward."