Gerudo Desert

They started the next day at Tabantha Bridge Stable. It was the closest they could get to the Mountains that bordered the desert. From the looks of what they could see of the map, which wasn't much considering they were missing what looked like possibly two tower maps, they had a long way to go. Not even a horse would help them this time considering they were going right into the Mountains. Not that Blueberry would appreciate being taken to a desert anyway, she liked the heat about just as much as he did.

"If you haven't figured it out already, we're going to be climbing. A lot." Sheik was fooling around on the slate as he walked, seeming to try and get around a setting as he moved. Whatever he was doing was lost on Link, it was talking in Shaikah again. "Unlike Death Mountain there won't be a direct path to where we need to go. Which is unfortunate." He clicked something on the slate and it gave a loud beep.

Link leaned close and bumped his shoulder into Sheik's side. "What are you doing to that thing?"

"Trying to see if I can get any sort of idea where we should go. I probably could if we went to a Tower but... that would mean backtracking and I'd rather keep going forward." So the idea of wandering around a desert without any sort of direction was bothering Sheik. He should have figured it was going to before they even left Hateno, he seemed tense and annoyed. At least that meant what was bothering him wasn't Link's fault, just his own control issues.

He gave a huff and leaned back away from Sheik, smiling at his partner. "Relax, since we're climbing a mountain we'll be able to see easily which direction is the proper one. You know that, right?"

"I do..." he still frowned and continued to play with the Sheikah Slate.

Shaking his head, Link continued to look forward, sticking to the road that ideally should lead them right to the base of the mountains. As they reached a crossroad Link slowed his pace and blinked at a passing traveler. It was the white hair that drew his attention, something that he only saw in Kakariko. But, they didn't look like a Shaikah. He slowed to a stop, wandered away from Sheik's side and waved his hand.

"Good evening."

"Oh, do you know which way Gerudo Town is?"

"No, but we're headed toward the desert. I can direct you there?"

"What luck! Thank you! Now, if you wouldn't mind, hand over--" Sheik's hand closed around Link's forearm and yanked him back as the traveler leaped for him, "your life!" As Link crashed into Sheik's chest the woman he was talking to stood back up, dressed from head to toe in the familiar red of the Yiga armor.

A bomb was summoned from the Sheikah Slate and Sheik threw it at the Yiga, who blindly seemed to catch it with a sound of confusion. Sheik tapped the slate and it went off, throwing the Yiga back into a tree. They crashed to the ground, mask cracking and a pained sound leaving their throat.

As Sheik started to approach, Lyre held in his hands. He paused just slightly as the mask crumbled away and a very human face Link was looking at moments ago glared up at him. "Master Kohga knows about you. He knows what you are too. The Hero doesn't deserve your power and loyalty! Just you wait, Ancient Sheikah! Master Kohga will gain your power!"

They vanished, the same way that they always appear, and the both of them were left staring at a bundle of bananas left behind. Silence lapsed for a few minutes, both of them equally lost in their thoughts. Link pressed his lips together and turned his head toward Sheik who suddenly sighed.

"Someone will have to tell Impa there's a spy in Kakariko."

"That's what you got out of that?" Frowning Link chased after Sheik who had already begun walking down the path once more. "Sheik, that was a pretty big claim from them. We should be worried."