Divine Beast Vah Ruta.

He met Sheik by the entrance to the Inn the next day, standing there and talking with Kodah and Prince Sidon. They hadn't noticed him yet and he took the time to try and read Sheik's body language. It was something he felt he was getting better at and yet still found himself confused by. He was leaning against the entrance to the Inn, arms folded across his chest and gaze focused on Prince Sidon. He gave off the appearance of being bored but Link thought he was quite interested in what the Zora was saying. 

   Link had figured a while back that Sheik enjoyed learning. He had a vast amount of knowledge when it came to legends, potions and music but also smaller things too, like the Zora's traditions. It was fascinating the amount of stuff he knew. 

   Finally making his way over he stopped next to Sheik and intentionally bumped their shoulders together. The Sheikah stood up straight and dropped his arms down to his side as Prince Sidon lit up at seeing him. "Link! You're awake! Sheik refused to allow me to wake you up. He said you needed more rest."

   "You had already woken me up at the crack of dawn, you need to relax a bit. The rain won't wash Zora's Domain away for at least a few more months. Hyrule suffers a greater danger from this than your Domain." Despite Sheik's words Prince Sidon just continued to sulk. "Well he's awake now." Sheik waved his hand in Link's direction. "Let's show him to the King." 

   Another thing he noticed. Sheik could do a lot of the talking yet somehow still make himself less important than Link. It wasn't like people remembered him, he's over a hundred years old, they're not looking at him to defeat the Calamity. Prince Sidon could have shown Sheik to the King just as easily as Link. So why did it seem like Sheik somehow invalidated his existence and being here without even trying? He was smarter than Link, clever and a decent fighter. He could do just as much if not more than Link. Not that Link doubted his own abilities but he didn't remember being that master swordsman that was in the King's court, he was simply moving his body on instinct. Sheik had years of training, fighting, and had done all of this before. 

   The King looked like an actual fish. Prince Sidon looked like a fish, undoubtedly, Zora were after all an aquatic race. But King Zora? An actual fish. Link was sure of it. Sheik hummed from beside him and whispered beneath his breath. "You think our loud friend will become like that?" Big enough that Link was like just a quarter of his arm length instead of half his height? The thought was terrifying. "It's a Zora King thing, I'm sure of it now. The Zora King of my time, Do Bon, was that big… but he looked like a frog." 

   Link had to catch himself from laughing, resorting to elbowing Sheik in the side who simply hummed again in response and stepped away. Prince Sidon took that time to introduce the King to them. Link walked up the platform and it took him a second to realize Sheik stood at the bottom off to the side. 

   "Ah. You must be the Hylian that Sidon bought here, correct? You did well to come all the way here. I am King Dorephan, Ruler of the Zora." 

   "I had help in getting here. I'm sure Prince Sidon mentioned my friend?" He turned briefly and motioned to Sheik. "That's Sheik." 

   "Oh yes! The other Hylian! I did mention him! They fought splendidly together." Prince Sidon nodded to himself and the King's gaze shifted to Sheik. Sheik did an excellent bow and Link noticed his head was still absent of the head wrap he wore before. The rain must have soaked it to much to get back on. 

   "Sidon, you should review your lessons on the races of Hyrule later. Young Sheik, what takes a Sheikah so far from Kakariko Village? I've heard it's rare your kind ventures far from it's protective mountain border." 

   Sheik, who wouldn't actually know that, briefly glanced at Link before turning back to the King. "I'm assisting Link. He can't read the Sheikah Slate." That was certainly one way to shortening the explanation of their journey.