Zora's Domain.

It's been quiet since they left Kakariko Village. They had a brief conversation about where to go and Sheik suggested checking out the Zora tribe. He sounded more comfortable with those options than the others. To Link it didn't matter either way, he wasn't familiar with any of the places or the tribes. Not for a lack of trying, he had recovered two memories in total and neither one was overly helpful in remembering who he was. He remembered Zelda, being chosen as her knight and her frustrations with not being able to use her magic. But that was it. He didn't remember the Zoras or what their divine beast was. Sheik didn't seem concerned by his lack of memories. It was appreciated as was his direct responses to Link's questions.

   Glancing behind him he looked toward Sheik who was observing the sky above them before turning away again. Sometimes he wondered what Sheik was thinking but he could never tell despite his best efforts. Honestly he was sure Sheik liked it that way. Without the mask did his face give away too much?

   Link knew that he was an expressive person, Purah got amusement out of it and whatever weird expressions his face made caused Impa to laugh.

   He tried to dismiss his thoughts by looking for something to do. As he glanced around he spotted what looked like the top of a tower sticking out. He stopped briefly causing Sheik to twist to avoid smacking into him and stand next to him. He followed Link's gaze. "A tower." It lowered a bit and spotted the same monster Link had thought he'd heard. "And what is that?"

   "You don't know? That is a Hinox. I've only taken one of them down, it's not overly difficult though. They have a giant weakness." But the parts they dropped sold for a lot. "Come on, you've been out of the game for so long you're probably a bit rusty." Sheik slowly turned his gaze to Link and arched a perfect blonde eyebrow.

   "If I win you start a fire and cook dinner."

   "Oh, and if I win?"

   Sheik considered this a few moments and pulled the Lyre from his back. "I'll play you a song." It sounded so simple, so different from what anyone would consider a bet. There was no money in it, no high risk, just a simple bet for a song and food. And Link found himself excited for a battle for the first time in a while. He checked his traveler's sword, his Knights shield and his knights bow. He had fifty arrows and experience, he could win this.

   "You're on, Sheikah."

   Sheik vanished from his sight and Link rolled his shoulders before running toward the island settled among the wetlands. When he was within range Link pulled the Sheikah Slate out and loaded up a bomb. He tossed it up and down in his hand a few times before throwing it toward the Hinox. With a tap to the slate the bomb went off and the red Hinox jumped to its feet. This was hardly going to even be a challenge for him. Pulling the bow down from his shoulder he ticked the arrow on it and lined it up. As he lined it up with the monster's eyes and let the arrow go.

   His arrow was cut in half by something silver that connected with the Hinox's eye a moment later. The creature fell to the ground and Sheik appeared in the air, landing up on top of the Hinox's head and yanking his Dirk from it's eye. He spun it around in his hand and slipped it into its holder before jumping back.

   The Hinox leaned forward and grabbed Sheik by the leg, stopping the others retreat as if he was just a tree branch. "Sheik!" Quickly Link notched another arrow on his bow and fired it, aiming for the eye and getting the side of the monster's head instead. It turned on him and used Sheik like a weapon, swinging the Sheikah Warrior at him through the air. Sheik's body connected with his and they rolled across the grass right into the water.

   Link sat up and looked down at Sheik, pressing himself backwards to get up. "Are you alright?"

   Sheik nodded and rubbed the back of his head as he sat up. "We gotta move, it's coming. It had a faster reaction time than I thought. It won't get me again." He sounded so sure and Link actually believed him.