𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫~ the quest, part 2

༻❀༺

SHE WASN'T EXACTLY SURE if her assumption was correct, but she'd seen the way Percy looked when he realized he couldn't go on the quest. So she figured that like her, he'd want to go even if he wasn't allowed. And of he didn't, if he had changed his mind...he could use a little persuading to come with her, or at least help her catch up with them.

"I'm sorry, did you just say Percy Jackson?" Penelope blurted, "But he's a...he's a boy."

Azalea rolled her eyes as she pulled her brown, shoulder length hair into a ponytail, with bangs framing the sides of her face. If she was going fight the most dangerous monster, she'd had ever come across (and probably die), she might as well do it with her disheveled hair out of her eyes...and looking pretty. "Yes, I am aware of that. Trust me when I say I'm not so enthusiastic about this plan, but it's the only chance I've got, if it doesn't work," she shrugged, "I guess I'm in charge."

Penelope and Olivia's expression morphed into one of horror, Azalea sighed and bent over her bed to get her own bronze circlet, which was similar to Zoë's silver one she constantly wore, she never really wore it, it reminded her of when she was a princess, brought up vague memories she wanted to forget.

"Penelope, Olivia...you're both in charge. I would have given someone more capable, but there isn't much time." Azalea handed Penelope the head ware who took it slowly.

"Will you come back?" Olivia said softly, it was weird how atmosphere around them turned gloomy so quickly, "there's a possibility you could..." She trailed off. Azalea remained silent for about a moment, would she come back alive? But she smiled, at least she thought she did, since they didn't look cheered up or convinced by it.

"I didn't live this long to die on a dumb quest," Azalea said, not really answering Olivia's question. "Besides, I'm not sure if I can go, but we'll see." 

With that, Azalea left the Artemis cabin, and left in search of Percy Jackson.

____

She was right, Percy was going on the quest, she had overheard him talking to Nico DiAngelo, and she found it admirable how he promised to keep his sister safe, but it didn't remove the feeling of dread and distrust. She was going to be stuck with a boy for Zeus knows how long, which was possibly against the biggest rule of being a hunter, associating with a male.

He was now standing on top Half-blood Hill with a Pegasus, his back facing her, overlooking the camp van taking Zoë and the others out to the city and which after that, they'd be on their own.

She walked up to him silently, even though she didn't actually mean to be quiet, he didn't notice her behind him, perhaps his mind was far away.

"Yeah." He said, to seemingly no one in particular, except for the Pegasus which was strange. "Let's fly."