𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔢𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫~ eternity

༻☆✫☆༺

PERCY HELPED AZALEA DISMOUNT  Blackjack when they had reached Olympus seeing as the girl had some difficulty coming down on her own, she was exhausted, her bones felt like they had melted and had become one with her skin.

She looked around her surroundings like she wasn't entirely sure where she was and nodded to Percy with a small false smile to thank him for his assistance. It might have looked convincing to Thalia and maybe Annabeth, but it certainly didn't to Percy.

As they began walking towards the throne room of the Olympians, Azalea stood behind, rooted to her spot.

"Hey," Percy said realizing she wasn't following, making Thalia and Annabeth stop on their tracks. "Aren't you coming?"

Azalea shook her head, and spoke for the first time since Zoë died. "Y-you guys go ahead... I think I need some time alone."

The truth was, Azalea didn't trust herself, she wasn't sad, she was angry. And she knew that if she stepped foot into that throne room, she might say something to the gods she may or may not regret. Azalea knew better than to do so.

"Are you sure?" Percy pressed, not sure if Azalea being alone was good for her. "I could stay and keep you company...or maybe someone else could." He said the last part a little too quickly, making Annabeth give him a funny look.

"Trust me," Azalea said with a bitter laugh, "it's better this way. I don't want to see Zeus, Aphrodite, Artemis, none of them."

Thalia nodded like she understood, she hesitantly placed a hand on Azalea's shoulder half expecting Azalea to push her away again, Azalea didn't. "Look, Leah. I understand what you're going through and believe me when I say, you'll be fine, okay?"

Azalea slowly tilted her head to the side, "no, I don't think you do understand, Miss Pine tree, but thanks."

Percy looked like he wanted to say something, but decided against it. Like Annabeth kept staring at Azalea like she wasn't entirely sure what to make of Azalea. But Azalea didn't care, she turned around and left.

She wasn't exactly sure how long she had been sitting there glaring at the celebration going on before her eyes, there shouldn't be a celebration but rather a day of nothing but mourning. Yes they managed to stop the Ophiotaurus from being sacrificed and rescued Artemis– basically saving the world. But it didn't really seem like an accomplishment, not when she lost the person she cared about the most.

Bianca had died, leaving her younger brother all alone in a world full of danger for people like him. Bianca had entrusted him under her care, but she wasn't his sister and he would never see her as such, How was she to look after a boy when she was a hunter?

How was she to look after a boy when she was grieving the loss of someone she'd spent centuries with, how was she to cope with a life without her?

More tears ran down her cheeks as she bowed her head, wrapped her arms around herself and sobbed.

There was one thing she noted while she cried, it was the fact that the pain, hopelessness, regret, those emotions she felt all at once was familiar.

She had to do this, it didn't matter if it felt like she was running away from her problems. She wouldn't be able to cope with Zoë's death if she didn't do what she felt had to be done. She sobbed even more once she had made her decision.

A hand was placed on her shoulder, Azalea didn't need to see who it was before ceasing her crying.

"I understand what you're going through, Azalea." Artemis said, sighing. "I will miss Zoë more than anything–"