𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫~ dam statues

༻☆✯☆༺

DREAMS ARE VERY STRANGE. Even as a mortal, dreams confuse most individuals. Some may be a reoccurrence of past events, as your brain decides to press rewind while you sleep sometimes switching things up.

Some are just plain nonsense.

Others are warnings. Messages. Half-bloods tend to have these...like a lot, sometimes those dreams do save their lives and the people they care about, if they're smart enough.

But unlike most half-bloods, Azalea couldn't brag about seeing the impending or current danger when she slept. She could count on one hand how many times she had had those dreams all through her hundreds of years of living. She'd always thought it had something to do with being a daughter of Aphrodite, since you know, they weren't really considered important in literally anything other than matchmaking and beauty related stuff.

But seeing as she had dreamt of her father, telling her not everything is as they seem only a couple days ago and now she saw her ancient version of herself calling her a coward, she was pretty convinced that maybe she had gotten a message, or rather two.

Even if they were as cryptic as Morse code (which she didn't understand) and creepy as fuck.

"Hey." Thalia had crawled over to the sleeping girl and attempted to wake her up by tapping her on the shoulder. "Wake up, Blue Eyed Demon."

Azalea didn't respond.

Zoë sighed, getting off her boat. "It is going to take a lot more than that to get her awake, Thalia."

Thalia began to roughly shake her, "Get up, we don't have time for this."  Azalea only groaned. "Azalea! Get–"

Thalia was cut short by Azalea suddenly sitting up with a gasp a slamming her forehead into Thalia's. "What the–!"

Azalea grunted massaging her own forehead as her vision cleared, "what..." She trailed off, not even sure of what to ask.

"We've stopped," Grover said, trying to hide a laugh. "We're near Hoover dam."

"I swear on River Styx, if I ever wake you up again..." Thalia grunted, a small red bruise forming on her abused forehead.

"Hoover Dam?" Azalea whispered as she grabbed her bag pack and stepped out of the boat.

"It's huge." Thalia muttered.

Azalea ran her fingers through her bird's nest of a hair, she'd been here before, back in 1948 or so. The Hunters were hunting for a bunch of dracenae. It had changed a lot since then.

"Seven hundred feet tall," Percy said. Built in the 1930s."

"Five million cubic acres of water." Thanks said.

Grover released a sigh "Largest construction project in the United States."

For a second, Azalea wondered if those three had so much free time on their hands that they decided to spend it by learning facts about a dam together, then Zoë voiced out her unspoken question.

"How do you know that?"

"Annabeth." Percy said, "she liked architecture."