𝔬𝔫𝔢~azalea

༻༺❀༻༺❀༻༺

SHE HAD PLANNED TO spend her evening either resting or doing literally anything other than what she was currently doing, she loved hunting and killing dreadful monsters, don't get me wrong. She had been doing that for almost a millennia, but we can all agree that a girl needs a break and a beauty sleep every once in a while. She along with the rest of the hunters hid in the woods, silver bows and arrows at the ready, aiming for the Maticore, which currently held five half bloods and a satyr hostage with an helicopter full armed above. Yep, they really needed the hunters help. Leave it to a bunch of half bloods to attract some of the most dangerous monsters. She yawned and rubbed her eyes.

"You look tired." Penelope said, scowling at the boy in the mist of half bloods with jet black hair and sea green eyes.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious." Azalea muttered rolling her eyes, "I am tired."

"Sometimes I wonder if you're really a daughter of Hypnos instead of Aphrodite." Penelope muttered with a shake of her head.

Azalea sighed, it wasn't her fault. They had been tracking the manticore for weeks with little rest. Not to mention she was also the Lieutenant and along with Zoë Nightshade, they both looked after the camp and kept the hunters in check. On top of that, she had taken first watch the night before.

"Now, do you see how hopeless it was? Yield little heroes." The manticore laughed. Azalea had the desperate urge to shoot it. She got up from her squatting position and went over to Artemis who was studying the group outside the woods.

"At your mark, milady." Azalea said.

"...Now."

Azalea smirked and aimed her bow. Penelope blew her hunting horn, she saw the monster freeze in fear and everything was still for a moment.

"No," the beast said. "it cannot be-"

She released her bow before he finished with his sentence, her glowing silver arrow shot past a boy and unto the monster's shoulder. She grinned when he staggered and wailed in pain.

"Curse you." He cried, the releashed his spikes towards them at the woods.

The hunters all shot their arrows at the beast and with facinating accuracy, intercepted the thorns just before they got to them.

Azalea gritted her teeth as the beast howled in pain as he pulled the arrow out of his shoulder and knocked the boy aside after he had tried to attack him, he didn't know the monster wasn't so injured.

All the hunters stepped out of the woods, Zoë and Azalea walking side by side. She tightened her hold on her bow as she instantly recognised Thalia Grace but, couldn't pinpoint the blond girl who looked very familiar amongst the Half-bloods.