𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫~ mommy dearest

༻☆✯☆༺

THEY TRAVELLED WITH THE Erymantian Boa as their source of transportation till sunset. At night fall the Boar stopped, clearly exhausted and hungry. Azalea was the first to get off, stretching and wincing at her throbbing butt. She could have sworn riding horses didn't hurt this much.

She watched as the Boar squealed, belched and galloped towards the east, back to the mountains. Then she surveyed the area, there was a two-lane road half covered with sand, an old taco shop and a house with the windows and doors sealed with boards and a post office with after a minute of trying to decipher the sign above the door, she realized they were in Arizona. Then she frowned something about this place didn't sit well with her. Then her eyes widened in realisation when it hit her.

"Something tells me we're not going to find a car rental here." Thalia said, she looked at Grover, "I don't suppose you got another wild boar up your sleeve."

Grover looked nervous, he got out his acorns, threw them on the ground and played his pipes. The acorns rearranged themselves into a pattern that Azalea couldn't fathom, but Grover looked concerned.

"That's us," he said. "Those six nuts right there."

"Which one is me?" Percy asked.

"The little deformed one." Zoe suggested. Azalea would have laughed if not for the feeling of uneasiness she was currently having, she kept looking around her surroundings for a sign that a monster was nearby, she checked for prints in the sand, and paid close detail to the area to notice something out of the ordinary, and then warn the others.

She released a shaky breath, not of relief, when she found nothing. But still, the prophecy... indicated someone would be lost in the land without rain, she didn't even want to think about it meant by 'lost', when it's meaning was a clear as day to her. Even if she didn't want to acknowledge it. And as far as she knew, prophecies couldn't be altered or evaded.

"That cluster right there," Grover said, pointing to the left, "that's trouble."

Azalea's breath hitched, her suspicion confirmed.

"A monster?" Thalia asked.

"I don't smell anything, which doesn't make sense. But the acorns don't lie. Our next challenge..." Grover pointed to the junkyard.

"We should be extra careful," Azalea began, her voice carrying a hint of authority as she fumbled with her bracelet. She didn't even bother hiding the fact that she was apprehensive this time. All eyes turned to her.

"We know that." Thalia snapped.

Azalea raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms, "well, if you'd just shut up and let me continue then you'd realize I do have something important to say."

"We're in the land without rain after all." She continued, scanning the shocked and frightened faces and for a moment she regretted informing then, ignorance, they say, is bliss.

"One shall be lost in the land without rain." Percy said and Azalea nodded. "We're in the desert."

Azalea did a pretty good job putting everyone on edge, since they set up camp looking rather nervous, the fact she pointed out dawning on them. After getting out her sleeping bag and setting down close to the fire Thalia created with the floorboards Grover and Percy got from the abandoned buildings not far off. Bianca went over to Azalea who was digging through her bag pack for a blanket.

"Hey, Leah." She said, making Azalea hum in acknowledgement. "Can we talk, in private?"

Azalea looked up at her, "sure, I guess."