𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫~ an addition to the stars above

"AZALEA, CAN YOU HEAR ME?"

Several hunters often spoke about their experience of hearing Artemis' voice in their head during battle. But for some reason Artemis never did used telepathy on her, not even once. And Azalea never did question it. Azalea grunted in response, since she was literally using all of her strength (possibly her life force too) in carrying the sky. thanks again

"When Percy moves, follow his movement immediately."

Azalea slowly lifted her head, every movement, every draw of breath was intense pain, but she needed to see how the fight was going, if it was worth the weight sitting on their palms.

"You fight well for a girl." Atlas laughed. "But you are no match for me." He kicked Artemis'legs off the ground, and brought his javelin to end the goddess's life when she fell

"No!" Zoë screamed. She jumped between her father and Artemis and shot an arrow right in Atlas's forehead, the Titan simply swept Zoë aside with his head, making her fly into the rocks.

Azalea shut her eyes, telling herself Zoë would be okay, that hit wasn't enough to kill her. But convincing herself that became increasingly harder when Zoë didn't get back up like she usually would in a fight.

Why isn't she getting up? Azalea thought desperately.

Atlas tried to stab Artemis once again, but with little warning, she knocked the javelin aside making the weapon stab the earth beside her instead, then used it as a lever to send Atlas flying towards where he should be. Percy rolled away and Azalea immediately collapsed to the ground in a heap of exhausted limbs.

"Nooo!" Atlas yelled, "Not again."

Azalea chuckled through pants as she slowly rolled to her side, "save your strength, Almighty Atlas... You'll need it."

She couldn't believe they actually did it, they held the sky long enough to put Atlas back into his eternal punishment and lived to tell the tale, wait till Penelope and Olivia (and the other forty hunters) heard about this. Sure she felt like she had been hit by a train then thrown into a wood chipper, but hey, she was still alive. Her body begged for rest, and she nearly succumbed to her body's demands.

Nearly.

"Zoë..." She whispered and pushed herself up, only to stumble and fall to her knees. She ignored her aching legs and went on towards the rock where Zoë had fallen. She had to make sure Zoë was fine.

"Zoë!" She called out, but faltered when she saw the state her sister in arms was in. "...oh no."

Zoë laid between Artemis's arms, the goddess then showed her the wound Landon had given her. But, she was alive.

But not for long. A voice in the back of her head whispered. Azalea shook her head, trying to rid herself from such thoughts as she slowly knelt down in front of Zoë, she could barely register the fact that Percy and the others had arrived.

Zoë grabbed Azalea's trembling hand and held on tight. "That stars," Zoë murmured. "I cannot see them."

"Nectar and Ambrosia," she heard Percy say, but his voice seemed far away. "Come on! We have to get her some."

"W–we're all out." Azalea whispered, why hadn't she packed enough? Why hadn't she left a little when she had some after the fight with Talos?

The prophecy is coming to pass, Azalea. You were a fool to think you could stop it. Another voice.

She didn't notice when Annabeth's father shooting the army of monsters that came over the hill with machine guns in his aircraft. She didn't know how or when, but she found herself in Artemis's silver chariot, sitting with Zoë's head resting on her lap.