Chapter 12

GENS POV

"I'm gonna miss this place..." I said. Liam looked at me. "We aren't gonna be gone forever stupid!" He said to me.

I laughed "what do you mean?" I asked him. He looked around his parent room. "Leave some stuff of your here, nothing you will miss, and nothing of value. When all this is over we can come back and stay here." He said to me.

"I'll go tell the others to do the same. This is our house now. Let's leave some things so when we come back, it feels like home." He said to me. He was so sure when all this was over we all could move here.

I didn't leave any pictures, that was too risky. I left and old toy of mine. I left an old necklace with my name on it. I wouldn't miss that either. They gave them to us at Caledonia to "identify" us.

And I left the water-ship down book. On the inside it said, property of Genevieve Scott and Charles merriweather. And it had the date we "found" it.

I laughed. I left a few other of my belongings. Liam came in and left a few of his things. He left the photo of all of us. I told him it was a risk but he insisted we leave it. He set it on the nightstand and it looked good their.

We had taken it at the Walmart when we found and old Polaroid and some film. We all had a copy. I liked how we all looked genuinely happy.

I left the dress zu had me try on. You'll get it back someday. I walked downstairs to the van to see them all waiting. "We are gonna be in the car for a while, so everyone get comfy!" Liam said. I made a bee line for the backseat.

Liam looked at me in the rear view mirror but I looked away. I didn't want to be near any of them still. "Alrighty then.....let's hit the road gang!" Liam said.
——-
A few hours had passed and I still couldn't sleep. I had just been laying down in the back of the car, just listening to the radio, liams humming, chubs talking and his Snoring. Zu writing.

I just laid there. I finally sat up. Liam looked at me. Are you ok? I asked him telepathically. He nodded. He narrowed his eyes as if to ask it back. I shook my head yes.

He nodded and focused back on the road. He turned the radio up. Let it be by the Beatles. My dad played this on repeat. The little girl in me came out. I started to sing along.

Quietly to myself. But obviously it wasn't quiet enough. Liam slowed the car . "First off! You know this one?! And second why didn't you tell me you had a good voice?!" He said.

I felt myself blush. If he heard me singing, they had to of. Zu was smiling and chubs didn't look up from his book, but he was nodding his head.

"I-I-uhh didn't realize I had a good voice?" I said. He patted the seat next to him and I climbed up, and sat next to him. He turned up the radio and I sang along again. Only this time I was quiet and Liam started singing louder and louder.

He looked over at me and that's when I lost it. I burst out into laughter. He stopped singing and his face got red with embarrassment. I leaned over and whispered into his ear.

"I like your singing voice, don't stop. I was laughing at how you were getting so into it." He looked at me and shivered. He started singing again.

The next song came on and it was like real people do by Hozier. That's what the radio said at least. I didn't know this one, but Liam did.

"I had a thought, dear
However scary
About that night
The bugs and the dirt
Why were you digging?
What did you bury
Before those hands pulled me
From the earth?
I will not ask you where you came from
I will not ask you, neither should you
Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips
We should just kiss like real people do
I knew that look dear
Eyes always seeking
Was there in someone
That dug long ago
So I will not ask you
Why you were creeping
In some sad way I already know
I will not ask you where you came from
I will not ask you and neither would you
Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips
We should just kiss like real people do
I could not ask you where you came from
I could not ask you, neither could you
Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips
We could just kiss like real people do"