Chapter 23

The song of this chapter is, as the world caves in.

GENS POV

I ran around the cabin in a frantic hurry. We needed to get out of here as fast as we could. We all ran around packing a backpack full of our things.

I threw a oversized shirt in and Liam gave me his leather jacket. I took it with no argument and threw it on.

Right as we were about to head out we heard kids screaming. We threw our bags on and as soon as we stepped outside we smelled smoke. I looked at Liam and saw he was tensed, as was chubs.

Liam grabbed my hand and I grabbed chubs. He pulled us into a big tent that held the emergency vehicles.

As soon as we walked in huge stadium style lights turned on blinding us all. "Well well well, our little fugitive." Said someone and when I got a good look, I noticed him to be from Caledonia. PSF.

Liam pushed me behind him and held up his gun. He was adjusting his footing when he went limp. He dropped the gun and his eyes glossed over.

I looked up and saw Clancy. "It's a shame Genevieve. We could've been something. Something good, but you decide to run out in the woods with this guy?" He asks me. A rhetorical question.

I glare at him and he steps closer to Liam and chubs holds me back. "It's a real shame what this has to come to. But no one takes whats mine." He said and then he punches Liam.

I pull against chubs but he has a good grip.

"Not you," punch.

"Not my father," punch

"Not anyone!" Punch. He turns to me. "Just give up, and come with me. We can rule the world like we are supposed to. Designed to. Don't make this harder." He says to me softly.

"Go to hell!" I say back to him.

"Take over my hand hurts." He says turning away.

"Gladly." Says the guard. He steps up to Liam and punches his stomach. Liam falls.

"STOP!" I don't realizes I'm speaking.

Punch after punch Liam becomes in worse shape. "you'll kill him! CLANCY PLEASE!" I scream at him.

He turns around. "No I won't. I want him alive to see what you've become." He says smugly. I feel tears.

I get out of chubs grip and run over to the lights. I pull them down and they spark all over. I Heat them up but not enough to anyone to figure out I'm red.

Clancy runs for cover and the PSFS grab their guns. When the lights are out I run for Liam, chubs hot on my tail.

We grab Liam and help him out of the tent area. We run with him to the 'gathering area' aka the fire pit and see buildings on fire and more and more PSF's.

"No!" I scream and I hear chubs swear but it's not audible. We run faster to an area of kids to try and help them but they just keep running when we tell them to stop.

When I look up Liam is screaming at mike. "REDS!" Mike yells and then he is swallowed by fire. I hear Liam scream his name next me me and Liam is dropped.

I drop Liam thinking it came from me. He grabs my shoulders. "It's not you." He says. I nod but don't believe him. I look around and find that the PSF's are huddling kids in group by using white noise.

We are far enough away that it doesn't effect us. We looked around when we heard helicopters. More PSF's. It was getting worse and worse by the minute.