Chapter 15

GENS POV

When I woke back up it was getting darker and it was time for dinner. It had stopped raining and chubs and zu weren't in the cabin Liam was sitting on the edge of the bottom bunk watching me.

"Hey, they just rang the bell for dinner." He said to me. I nodded and got up. I put on my hoodie and walked to the door. He hadn't gotten up yet.

I walked over to him and sat next to him. "What's bothering you?" I asked him. He just shook his head.

"Idk, I just don't feel well I guess. Still nervous even though I know we are safe." He said. "I'll be their in a minute. Grab me some food!" He said

I got up and walked to where Mike said the food would be served. I grabbed two bowls and told them I was getting it for a friend. They didn't question me when I told them that.

They trust to easily, I could be just getting seconds for myself. I thought. They had chili tonight. Maybe every night, I just didn't know it.

I walked over to where they had a large fire surrounded by old logs I stood up on one of them looking around for Liam.

When I didn't find him I looked for Chubs he was a walking away quickly. "Chubs! Hey Chubs, have you seen Liam?"

"No...." He seemed off so I asked him "hey are you OK?"

"Yeah, I'm just not feeling up to it tonight. Maybe tomorrow night?" I just nodded not wanting to push I looked for Liam as Chubs kind of stormed off I finally spotted him and he was making a beeline for me.

"hey what was that about?" He asked me I just shook my head.

" he said he really wasn't up for it tonight. I think he was heading to the cabin, to read a book probably!" I said and we both laughed.

He helped me down off the log and I handed him a bowl of chili "sorry I didn't know if you would want anything on it so I just got you a plain bowl"

he shrugged "that's OK I don't really need any toppings anyway" he said. I smiled at him while I shoved my face with chili.

It wasn't super spicy, but it was just enough. It filled me, and Liam seemed pretty content with it. We sat their taking in all the sights and smells around us.

I watched Zu play with a girl her age, and then it clicked. "Omg! I saw her in one of zu's nightmares at the motel! They got split at the camp." I said as Liam followed my gaze.

He laughed "that explains why they tackled each other earlier." And I giggled to myself. "HEY ZU!" Liam yelled.

She looked up. "Come here! No, bring your friend" he said. They walked over.

"Hi there, I'm li-." But he was cut off by the girl.

"I know who you are. Genevieve and Liam. Suzume told me about you!" She said. Me and Liam shared a look.

"wait, told you-told you or..." he asked.

"No of course she didn't tell me. I'm Hina, zu's cousin." She told us.

I smiled when Liam asked, "you were at Caledonia right?" And hina nodded.

"Zu! Why didn't you tell us, we could have tried to find her! Are you yellow?" He asked.

"No, I'm green." She explained to us.

They ran off back to the other kids they were with and played around some more. "Was I just sassed by a 12 year old?" He asked.

I laughed aloud. "I think so lee!" I said to him in between breaths. I was laughing so hard. I slid off the log and in between Liam and the log. He slid down so I was resting on his chest.