Chapter 16

(Sorry for not updating in a while, I'll try to this weekend a lot!)

GENS POV

when I woke up the room was empty, or so I thought. I didn't hear anything and no snoring. I sighed a breath of relief. And I don't know why.

When I turnkey over though I saw Liam. He was studying me. Not speaking, just watching me. Smiling at me. It made my insides melt.

"Hey." I said to him.

"Hi." He breathed out. He looked Exhausted. I sat up straight in bed. I realized it was still a little dark out. Zu was still in her bunk, and chubs was up reading. That's why I hadn't heard any noise.

We were all so used to waking up early, and going to bed late. None of us got a good sleep. And probably wouldn't for a good few days.

"What time is it?" I asked running my eyes. Liam checked a watch in his arm. I didn't know how he got it and I wasn't going to ask.

"10 till 7am. We have to be ready by 7:30 to get our jobs from Mike." Chubs said before Liam could reply. I looked over at him.

I furrowed my brows and tilted my head as if to ask. Did you tell him? He shook his head no and returned to his book. I still didn't know what he was reading. But he was going through it fast.

"Ok thanks." Was all I said.

I went to the bathroom and got ready. Zu walked in after me and I helped her get ready. I brushed her long black hair and put it into 2 braids. As she requested.

When we walked out Liam was clapping like we were models in a runway show. Zu did a little twirl and I just bowed a little. I was far from a princess. Very very far.

If anything I was the dragon that was in the end going to kill the princess in the tower. And the princess in the tower in my story, was Liam. The 'princess' had no savior. It was all up to the dragon.

The boys got ready and we headed to where the fire was last night. There were embers going since it was early in the morning and still dark. Mike was their with a clip board.

"Ok lee, your guard duty, Charles your garden duty, zu has to go to school, and Genevieve you don't have a job. Your supposed to go talk to Clancy." He said.

Yes! This was my shot. I could ask him for help. The help I needed in order to keep the other safe. I looked over at Liam with a smile but it fell when I saw his face. He didn't want to be separated. And he did like the idea of me going to Clancy.

I smiled again and just shrugged it off. I looked away and I could practically feel him being holes into me. Why is he acting like this? I asked myself. He should be happy for me. I will be able to be near him.

Mike walked off with lee, chubs, and zu trailing behind him to their places. I walked to the makeshift office they had Clancy in when we first came. I knocked on the door and got no response.

I knocked again and heard a voice telling me to come in. I walked in slowly and he was sitting back at his desk typing away at his computer. "What is it Olivia?" He asked.

I looked around. Am I not the only one here? I thought. He made an impatient noise and looked up. He laughed nervously. "Sorry, I thought you were someone else. What up?" He asked me.

"Uhh mike said I was supposed to come here because I don't have a job" I said to him plainly. Didn't he request me?

" ahh yes! Well he lied to you, you do have a job." He said to me. And I looked at him confused so he continued. "Your gonna work with me!" He said.