Saving the dumbass

Asami had never been in that part of the city before. It was barely lit, and definitely seemed at least somewhat abandoned. She knew about a few Future Industries factories around, but had never actually gotten to visit them. There were a few people wandering around, some were heading to the same direction as them which indicated that the three were on the right way, all they had left was to hope that Mako would actually be there.

The location was a building, and the building was old, no doubt about it. Also, it wasn't very pretty, it was basically just a huge gray square. Asami had a hard time believing that people used to go there to have a good time, seriously, it was just depressing. But maybe Asami was just privileged, she was starting to think that an awful lot about herself recently.

Only as they got close to the location, did Asami realize how nervous she was.

Yes, she was the Avatar, but she had been protected her entire life. Which would make this her first ever Avatar mission, and the pressure was on. Her friend's life is on the line, she couldn't mess things up. She couldn't let everyone down.

When they were close, Asami gulped, noticing the bouncer at the entrance. She raised her scurf to cover her face a little more, hoping the disguise will be enough for her to not be recognized.

"This is a private event." The bouncer said when they approached him, or rather snarled their way. "No one gets in without an invitation."

"Uh... invitation?" Asami asked nervously. Shit shit shit!

"You mean this?" Bolin pulled the flyer out of his pocket, showcasing it.

The bouncer scanned it, and then for what seemed like an eternity scanned them. And just when Asami thought that that's it, and they're done for, his expression softened.

"The revelation is upon us brothers and sisters," he said, gesturing the three to go inside.

And breathing out in relief, they did. At first, it was pitch black, and Asami wasn't able to see anything. Initially her instinct was to firebend, and thank Raava she stopped herself before she did so. Going into an anti-bending event with a flame in your hand? Not a great idea.

Soon enough, they got  to a place that was well lit, and Asami could see a huge, huge crowd around a stage.

"All these people are equalists?" She asked in shock. She was under the impression that the equalists weren't such a  big group, just a small one, but this... this was madness.

"I knew a lot of people hated benders," Korra mumbled, "But I've never seen this many in one place... what's going on?"

"Keep your eyes out for Mako," Bolin said, trying to be discreet. "A tall, broody boy with black spiky hair, also weird eyebrows."

Korra snorted. "Weirder than yours?"

"Yes." Said Asami and Bolin at the same time.

After that, they blended into the crowd. They found themselves a pretty decent spot after scanning the crowd and concluding Mako wasn't there. Where they were now, they had a good enough view of the stage, so now, it was a waiting game.

"Ladies, gentlemen, and whoever in between," suddenly someone announced, "your leader, your savior, Amon!"

Everyone cheered, and in order to bland in, so did Asami, Bolin and Korra, giving each other nervous glances in the process. Then, the center of the stage rose up, revealing a few men, standing in a military position  and wearing those weird suits and masks with goggles they had spotted in the Triple threat hideout last night.