Jealosy, Jealousy

Asami woke up to the soothing feeling of someone stroking her hair, fingernails slowly and softly scraping her scalp.

She wore a sleepy, Satasfied smile, and sighed in approval.

The soft hand stilled. "Sami?" Korra's slightly blurry voice came through Asami's sleep deprived haze.

"Don't stop," Asami whined, "feels nice."

Korra chuckled, her fingers resuming the stroking motion she had previously stopped. Asami smiled in content, nuzzling more into the mattress. Spirits, she was so tired...

"I can't believe they did it to you..." Korra said under her breath, so quietly that Asami was sure she wasn't supposed to hear it. 

"Why?" She muttered anyway, eyebrows clenching.

"U-uh, well..." Korra stuttered nervously. "I-I mean, they were going to take your bending away sure... I just didn't expect them to also leave you this... beaten up. Of course I know they're radicals and need to be stopped but this is... barbaric."

Asami opened her eyes, blinking to adjust to the light around her. The blurry image of Korra came into her line of sight, and when it cleared out, she saw worried cerulean eyes staring at her, her expression so genuine and confused that it made Asami sigh.

She was exhausted, but she managed to push herself onto her elbows after much effort. She took in a deep breath to recollect her energy, then turned back to Korra.

Though her girlfriend had previously claimed to hate the Equalist movement, it made total sense for her to be confused at their actions. Korra was a non-bender, after all. One that was highly educated on the matter of their oppression, which led Asami to believe that she unfortunately had to experience it first hand. And though she hated them for their methods, Korra could probably understand where they were coming from, and so did Asami nowadays.

"Korra..." she didn't know how to approach it, how to explain herself and the situation well. "They're terrorists." Probably a bit harsh, but she needed to hear it.

Korra winced at the word, taken aback a bit. "What?" She asked in disbelief. "Terrorists? I know they're violent and radical but don't you think you're being harsh?"

"No." Asami said sternly. "I'm really not. What do you call what happened in the finals then?"

Korra moved uncomfortably in her chair. "Well..."

"They electrocuted everyone, Korra." Asami said bitterly, eyebrows clenching. "They didn't differentiate between benders, non-benders, oppressors, people who are on their side... they don't care. They'd hurt anyone just to get their point across."

For a moment, Korra just stared at her, her expression blank. Then, she dropped her head to the floor, nodding.

"Maybe, but–"

"Hey," Asami lifted her face from the chin softly, "just because their cause is understandable and justified, doesn't mean their methods are," she said, stroking her girlfriend's cheekbone, "I know you sympathize with them– I do too, but the Equalists can't tell the difference between saving their lives and destroying everyone else's. They have to be stopped."

Korra opened her mouth to say something else, but before she could, Bolin stepped into the room, holding a cup in his hand.

"Asami!" He exclaimed in surprise. "You're awake!"

Asami dropped her hand from Korra's face, her friend's presence making her smile widely. "Well, duh," she teased him.

"That's good! I uh... I made you tea." He smiled awkwardly, holding up the cup.