Chapter Three - The Search

"Meeting number 216, called on the 11th of June, 20XX."

"Today, we shall continue where we last left off. A few of us were picked responsible for specific tasks, and now, they will present the information they've obtained during these few days."

The long rectangular table stood in the middle of the oddly decorated room filled with people. Some of these people were much smaller than the rest, while some seemed much older. The only sources of light in the room were a flicking lamp in the ceiling along with blue lights hung up all around the place. And with those spooky clown masks everyone wore, it truly did give off a creepy atmosphere.

"I'll start first. My task was to try to get Boss to talk to us," a girl with double pigtails resumed, clearing her throat. She paused for a moment to take in a breath. The look on her face wasn't promising either. "Sadly... I don't have anything. He didn't even pick up."

She looked down, and the gloom in her eyes was apparent to those around her. She felt a hand reach her back that soon began caressing her reassuringly. "Don't worry Seikiko-chan, everything will get back to normal soon," a young girl with lengthy brown hair said quietly. The blonde glanced at her with a barely visible smile returning to her features.

"Yeah, I know," she replied. "So, have you and Louis found anything?" Seikiko asked, turning to two guys sitting by each other. One had a big red afro and was notably taller than the other one with peach hair.

"We managed to sneak into Hope's Peak without anyone noticing, but not for long," the red-hair explained. "We heard a couple more rumours and almost got to Boss's dorm, but someone was heading our way. We had to scram before they would see us and notify security."

"Crap," the girl muttered. A sigh could be heard escaping her lungs. "Were ya able to hear anything remarkable at least?"

The peach-hair nodded his head. His shiny pink-like hair was covering a part of his face, but at that point, it was rather hiding a part of a mask.

"Some goth lady that supposedly knew Kokichi was explaining what happened to her friend. She claimed to know the real turn of events, so we might actually grasp what it went down about," the red-hair explained.

Seikiko's eyes immediately lighten up. Finally, we'll get to know something close to the truth! And that means a closer step to Kichi!

"Please, tell us everything she said!"

The red-hair chuckled behind his mask, before resuming. "Our Kokichi went causing trouble again. This time, there was a girl in his class that lied about her talent, and he called her out. It turned out she was claiming to be an Ultimate Caregiver, but in fact, was some assassin. Pretty spooky, ain't it?"

"So that's what it went about," Seikiko muttered. "Who was the one who attacked him? Was it that girl?" She let out a sigh when Louis nodded his head. "Ugh, why does he always has to get into trouble like that..?"

"Because he's our Kokichi," a bigger man with a bald head said. "We'd be worried if he suddenly stopped ending up in fights."

"You mean like right now?" someone else asked. "Cuz if he keeps ignoring us like that, you should probably start getting worried, too."

"You can keep your attitude for later, Makoto," Seikiko spoke warningly at the teen with black hair, glaring at him. "Was there anything else you guys heard?"

The red hair stayed quiet for a moment. He took a glance towards Louis, who eventually gave him a hesitant nod for him to proceed. "There was, but you're probably not gonna like it, Kiko."

"W-What?" she asked, getting slightly nervous. "Well, what is it?"

He sighed. "We can't really know how bad the girl injured him. It may be that he isn't answering our phone calls because he's just in no state to. That Harukawa supposedly went for Kichi's neck and almost strangled him for a bit. Even that 'friend' of his doesn't know what's going on with him."