Chapter Eight - Consequences

... Yeah... I was gone for the past few months without saying a word or even publishing the last chapter, wasn't I?

 Well... I have no good explanation for that. Just want to say that it might take me a while to update again. I'm not saying this book is over because it definitely isn't. Chapter will just come out not as often as before (and I mean it). Also, it just could be that I grew up from my Danganronpa phase... Sorry if this chapter isn't the best... I just don't have as much motivation with this story right now as before.

Still, thank you all for reading this! ^^ Even if I don't seem active, I'm still reading comments and all. So, thank you and see you... one day! ^^

💜

      The next day felt unnecessarily tedious and tiring. Just when you appeared, some of the teachers decided to bombard you with countless assignments. The school already made it clear they don't care about the subjects as long as your talent improves, but perhaps the teachers simply didn't like you. Maybe if you completed at least a few of them, they would close an eye if you didn't show up to class anytime soon.

And as the bottom of your boots was brushing against the tiles, you barely kept yourself from falling asleep just there. You were making your way to the cafeteria, hoping to get at least a tiny break there. And just as you stood in front of the (still broken) door leading to the cafeteria, a new poster caught your attention.

'Sports festival coming soon! Official date: June 21st!'

"Huh," you let out.

You stared at it for a brief moment before shaking your head. The summer vacation was going to start soon, yet you still haven't made any plans. And as much as you'd love to continue aimlessly wandering around Tokyo, there was no way for you to tell if there was a chance of staying. It all depends on the well-being of the company...

Letting out a sigh, you shouldered the door open. The first thing you marked in the dining hall was countless cartons left by the walls, all sorts of decoration poking out of them. Apparently, people were starting to gather all sorts of games in the gym, and all PE lessons will be cancelled until Sports Day. It was good to know there will be something else to do than team tournaments, where you'd presumably spend all the time listening to other students arguing. If you're lucky enough, maybe some of the pupils will be willing to gamble that day.

You made your way to grab some of your preferred dishes and sat at one of the tables. You came there early enough to not have to eat outside or somewhere on the stairs. It was still relatively quiet in the cafeteria, but it wasn't going to last for long. But that didn't matter, as you had a whole table just for yourself. What else was there to wish for?

And as much as you wanted to enjoy your lunch break, what soon was to come made you drop your utensil. Taking in a deep breath to keep yourself from freaking out, everyone around you suddenly grew quiet.

"L/N Y/N ASKED TO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE."

💜

You've always wondered how Kirigiri Kyoko solved her cases. Turns out you were lucky enough to be one of the culprits she was looking for.

The girl watched you calmly from the other side of the desk. Thick curtains behind her were blocking the sun, causing the room to be more ominous. While making your way to the principal's office, you certainly didn't suspect her being there. And as much as you could easily joke around Saihara, there was just something terrifying about her.