Chapter Ten - Connections

"This is suspicious..."

"I heard him talk with someone while on the phone," the red afro hair guy said. "You guys think Kichi found himself a new friend at school?"

"Awwww," some of the younger members let out. And the remarkable one was Seikiko, who could quickly imagine what the situation was about. All the people there were gathered by a window on the bottom floor of an apartment. Their eyes peered at the parking lot, as a large white wan drove off. Some of them were dressed in almost the same outfits - white tops like straight jackets and checkered handkerchiefs decorating either their necks, pockets or wrists.

"This is so precious," a heavier-weight guy said. He was wearing a dark t-shirt with some logo of a game printed on it, unlike the others.

"What if they're another sketchy person from his class?" a black-haired medium-height teen brought up. Both of his eyes were black, surrounded by a small amount of pencil eyeliner. Adding a few piercings to his ears and taking a look at the boy's outfit, he definitely had a Metalhead vibe to him. "We've already seen what happened with that assassin girl from his homeroom. What if she or her mindless soulmate are still bothering Boss?"

"As positive as always, Makoto," Seikiko snapped back. "They would never do anything bad to Kichi. Or well..."

L/n was as good as dead for her cousin brother and all of their friends during these years. One day just disappeared after the murder of their grandfather and all that was left were those expensive cars in front of their house. But L/n? There was no sight of them. No news. It all reeked of malice when L/n's grandfather was said to simply say to faint when a spark from their fireplace reached the wooden floor, and all evidence was burned.

All of it burned along with the L/ns.

Whatever Y/n got themselves into after their disappearance, now their existence was reconfirmed, even Seikiko hesitated to act like Y/n was the same person as before. But one thing she was confident of was the safety of DICE. There was no way to test their loyalty after what happened at the cafe with 'that girl'. But was it just the blonde's hopeful side ignoring the circumstances?

"They?" one of the members asked.

"I-I mean,' Seikiko looked around nervously. "Even if it's one of Kokichi-kun's classmates, he has to have at least one friend in them, right..?"

All of the eyes of the kids and teens gathered in front of the window were observing Seikiko's face. But the most piercing one belonged to Makoto on whose face arose an evil smirk.

"She knows something, guys," he said with a scornful look on his face. As if catching Seikiko slip up on something was a golden treat in his hands. "And I say it's very suspicious."

"Really..?" a petite, long-haired girl quietly asked. She was standing behind one of the tallest people there, hiding from the window before as if something was going to suddenly come out and scare her. "Are they good people, Seikiko-chan?"

"Of course!" The girl immediately reacted. Her eyes lit up at the thought. But then, she hesitated again when looking around. "Or... I... don't really know yet."

Excited gasps arose in the hall. "Perhaps we should kidnap them and find out," the bigger guy joked. His chuckle was warm and was like a reminder for everyone to calm their hearts down a little.

"Yeah!"

"I think that's a good idea."

"I-I'm really worried for Boss..."

"Do you think we should kidnap them to the base or the abandoned train next to the bride?"

And in all that small crowd of whispers and immediate plan-making, was one of the people wearing a straight-jacket uniform. The red afro on his head conflicted with the serious look on his face, as he turned to Seikiko while raising a brow. And all the blonde girl could do was secretly point at her left eye when all of the other members were occupied with their discussion. His eyes instantly widened at the hind and his cheeks finally lost some colour.