Chapter Four - Old Friend (I)

Like you can see in the title, chapter four will be split into smaller parts. Mostly due to the higher word count. Also sorry for the slow updates, I've been feeling just not that great lately but thankfully I was able to get this done.

Sorry for any mistakes that I didn't spot and if there are any, feel free to point them out :)

(And thank you so much for all the comments, votes and reads! It always makes my day to see them and they also help the story to get noticed <33)

🍭🍇🍭

"I'm glad you didn't forget our little deal," Ludenberg said, which both sounded like praise, but also like a somewhat threat. Both of you were talking in front of the entrance to the dorms, your clothing slightly more elegant than usual. "I surely assumed you lied about accepting my offer with how fast you disappeared."

Under a black parasol, Ludenbeg's dress swirled gracefully. She always looked exceptionally gorgeous, but a dress you haven't managed to get used to made her seem even more beautiful.

"Yeah, can't blame you for that," you admitted, feeling as if you could fall asleep any minute from the little rest you had recently. "But perhaps forgetting about this academy is something that I could use, too."

Celeste tilted her head. "Could it be your absence had to do with Ouma? You appeared so determined about getting details about him, and now you look like a walking corpse. Or mayhap Harukawa put her hand to this, too, hm?"

"I was just a bit busier than usual, that's all," you reassured, slightly nervous. "So, will you tell me where the cafe you want to try is located? It might be difficult to get there without people freaking out if it's far."

"Do not trouble, L/n-san. My chauffeur is waiting outside the gate. He'll get us there safely, and possibly we'll even be able to visit a casino after."

"Are you sure no one will bother us there? I mean, we are still both teens..." you asked.

"You're asking too many questions for someone who decided to ignore me completely the past few days. I am not only rich but also the Ultimate Gambler. They'll be thankful I even glanced at their place."

Well... guess I can't argue with that.

The of two you began heading to the main gate. The classes were already over and you slept through them all. Or at least tried for the most part. The sun should start setting in about two hours, too.

Celeste's were clicking against the pavement as you silently followed behind, which she didn't seem to mind. Seeing as she was someone clearly independent and didn't need you in any way, you wonder why she still talked to you. Even a child wouldn't fall for that 'being friends' crap. But perhaps the stress you went through in a such short period of time was making you too insecure about everything.

And it was just like the girl said. An expensive black car was waiting for you in the Academy's parking. The guards by the gate followed you with their stares, before quickly reminding you to not return too late. You already got used to being checked and seeing the school's guards anywhere you looked. Yet, fleeing the school without them realizing wasn't too hard with your talent.

The driver bowed his head to both of you before opening the door. The moment you were inside, a smell instantly reached your nostrils, telling you that it must've still been a new car. With detailed leather seats and overall expansiveness of everything inside, it just felt odd being there. Especially when unsure of how much she had to pay for just this one ride.