17

"Oh, hey, Yuki." Haru called out as he and Kenshin were walking down the street causing them to come to a stop. Kenshin turned his head towards the boy as he held a small bundle in his arms trying to keep it warm from the cold air surrounding them.

"Haru! Kenshin!" Yuki said, surprised to see the two soaking wet.

"Hatsuharu? Kenshin?" Tohru questioned.

"Why are you out? It's raining." Haru told Yuki as he and Kenshin walked over to them.

"I'm not the one who's soaked. Kenshin, you shouldn't be in the rain, you'll get sick." Yuki said to him while Kenshin only brushed the boy off with a shrug. "Why are you out, Haru? Did you get lost again?" Yuki asked since Kenshin wouldn't give him a straight answer.

Kenshin shook his head, "No he's not lost. We've been searching for her. It took us a while, but we finally found her." He told the two as he uncovered the bundle in his arms, revealing a small tiger cub who was fast asleep.

"Aw, what a cute little kitty!" Tohru said happily, not surprising Kenshin at all since he saw that reaction coming from her.

"Miss honda, she's actually a tiger." Yuki explained to her.

Kenshin could feel the cub's breathing change, indicating that she had woken up. "This is Kisa Sohma. Careful, her teeth are sharp." Haru told Tohru, who was excited to meet another member of the Zodiac.

"Oh, wow! I didn't expect to run into the zodiac Tiger spirit today!" She said excitedly as she leaned forward, "Um, It's nice to meet you! I'm Tohru Honda. Can I--?" Tohru began but was cut off before something hit the ground, causing Haru and Yuki to gasp.

"Miss Honda!" Yuki exclaimed.

Kenshin turned his head over to Haru, "Did Tohru faint?" He asked.

"Yeah she did." Haru responded while Kenshin nodded.

"Was it Kisa?" He asked, already knowing the answer.

"Yep, she bit Tohru's hand." The boy responded, causing Kenshin to let out a sigh as he held the small tiger in his arms, hoping that Tohru wouldn't take it personally.

🐀🐂🐅🐇🐉🐍🐎🐐🐒🐓🐕🐖 🐈

After the five of them had made it back to Shigure's house they went over to the living room where Kenshin gently put Kisa down and grabbed the first aid kit, handing it over to Haru who was helping Tohru with her wound.

"Oh, dear. You got nibbled on?" Shigure asked Tohru as she sat on the floor with Yuki and Haru, who was now bandaging her hand.

"Yes, um, maybe I should've expected it." Tohru said bashfully as Kenshin looked down sadly, knowing that Kisa had reached her breaking point.

"Kisa, come here and apologize." Yuki told the young girl sternly.

"No, she doesn't need to. I'm fine, really." Tohru reassured him while Kenshin listened on.

"Kisa!" Yuki said once again, making Kenshin let out a sigh.

"Yuki, that's enough. She doesn't talk." Kenshin told him firmly, surprising Yuki and Tohru.

"What?" The two asked.

"Kisa can't talk. She stopped altogether shortly after she entered middle school. She's mute. According to Tori, it's psychological. She's locked and suppressed all of her words inside. She stopped talking and with everything that's happened she stopped going to school, and today, she ran away from home. That's why Hatsu and I were out looking for her." Kenshin explained to them before Haru picked up where he left off.