23

Shigure and Kenshin were enjoying a quiet morning, each doing their own thing just having said their farewells to Kazuma after the long night they had all shared. "Kyo, good morning." Shigure greeted the boy who had just slammed the door open.

"Master. Where is he?" Kyo asked urgently, ignoring the man.

"He said he was going back to the dojo." Kenshin told him, taking a sip of his warm tea before he continued to read his book.

"Huh?" Kyo asked, surprised that Kazuma had left without saying anything to him.

"Oh, our little Rice Ball is walking him partway if you wanna catch up to them." Kenshin added as if it were an afterthought.

"You mean... he left?" The boy asked in disbelief before he took off running to catch up with the two.

🐀🐂🐅🐇🐉🐍🐎🐐🐒🐓🐕🐖 🐈

"So, with your master returned, you'll be training at the dojo again, but why only three times a week?" Shigure asked as they ate their breakfast.

"Because." The boy answered him bluntly.

"I'm glad that everything worked out so well." Tohru commented cheerfully.

"Okay, enough. Just drop it already." Kyo snapped before going quiet.

"Does anyone have the pepper?" Kenshin asked, catching everyone's attention as he tried but failed to find it.

"Oh, it's in the kitchen. Let me go get it for you." Tohru told him kindly.

"Your food already has spices in it! Why do you want more for?" Kyo asked, looking at Kenshin's plate, which was, in fact, already overflowing with chili peppers. "And aren't foxes supposed to hate them?" The boy asked

Kenshin shrugged, "I know, right it's ironic." He told Kyo as if it wasn't something to think about. Ever since he was young, Kenshin always loved spicy foods, which was a big difference from what foxes usually liked, but he never gave it much thought as it never bothered him in any way.

"Here you go." Tohru said happily as she placed the pepper powder on the table.

"Thank you, Rice Ball, you're the only one that actually doesn't mind me eating so much pepper." He told her as he patted her head softly before dumping the pepper on his food.

"See that's why we tell you to stop!" Kyo snapped.

"Hatori isn't going to be happy with you." Shigure warned as Kenshin kept putting pepper on his food before it was snatched out of his hand.

"Hey I wasn't done with that." Kenshin said, frowning slightly.

"Oh yeah?! Thank me when you're older!" Kyo told him as if he was talking to a child, but before Kenshin could retort, he heard Yuki's footsteps coming into the room.

"Morning." Yuki greeted as he walked into the room.

"Yuki, you're up! Good morning!" Tohru said excitedly.

"What she said." Shigure added.

"There's some breakfast if you're hungry." Tohru told him as he sat down beside Kenshin.

"Thanks. It looks great." He told her before grabbing his chopsticks and stretched them out to grab some food. Kenshin could suddenly feel the tension between Kyo and Yuki rise; he concluded that the two had reached out for the same thing, and he was proven right when Yuki quickly got up and threw his chopsticks into the sink with a clang.

"Seriously?!" Kyo exclaimed.

"You have Cat germs." Yuki told him bluntly.

"Uh! Whatever, you smug rodent. I'm not gonna let you get to me anymore. I'm changing, starting today!" Kyo declared passionately while Kenshin burst out laughing, not being able to contain himself.