Prologue

A long time ago, there was a god.

"Dear animals, let's gather on New Year's Day.

From the first arrival to the twelfth I'll make it into a guardian god for every year from that order."

Enthusiasts that they were going to receive a special duty from god, they were looking forward to New Year's Day.

But only the cat forgot the day they were supposed to meet...

So he went to see the rat to ask

Dear Rat, what was the date god said we were supposed to meet again?

The Rat, who thought that if the Cat didn't come, he would be the one selected replied.

"Dear Cat, god said that the meeting day would be on January 2nd"

The naïve Cat completely believed the Rat's words and slept on New Year's Day.

The other animals went to see god along the sunrise on New Year's Day.

The Rat grabbed the Ox's horn that was first in line, jumped a little further, and was the first to join god

Then, the Ox arrived, the Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog and Pig, came after the other to meet god.

The Cat who completely overslept on New Year's Day went to see god in a hurry the next morning.

Since the other animals weren't here, he was certain that he was the first to arrive.

"Dear god, it seems that I'm the first!"

"Please give me the special role," Said the Cat.

The god, a bit annoyed replied,

"Dear Cat, I'm sure I told you to come on New Year's Day. It's a shame, but the guardian duty of each year have already been decided."

Then, the Cat who realized that he had been deceived by the Rat, stomped his feet.

That's why, since then, when the Cat sees the Rat, he wants to grab and eat it.

---

And with this Season 1 begins!

I hope all of you are looking forward to this book and let me know your thought's on it.

Some of you have come here after reading my first story "The Rooster and The Fox" that I have unpublished because I want to rewrite it and publish it later on. When I do rewrite it it will be a series of shorts consisting of Kenshin's life before the main story.