6

That morning, Kenshin didn't think anything eventful would happen since the kids were going to be at school, and Shigure was busy writing his new book. Until he received a phone call from Hatori informing him that he had been summoned by Akito. While he was leaving, Shigure attempted to tag along, but he immediately kicked the dog to the curb and left without him.

Once he got to the main house, Kenshin went straight to Akito's room and knelt down on the floor, greeting his sister.

"Good morning Akito. How are you feeling today?" Kenshin asked. He knew she was in bed, so he rose to his feet and walked towards her, taking a seat on the wooden floor next to her.

"I'm well, and you, dear brother?" Akito said softly as she struggled to sit up and ran her hand down his cheek. Kenshin had learned a long time ago how not to flinch away from Akito's touch, which was a sad skill he had mastered.

"Why did you call me here this early in the morning?" Kenshin asked with a pretend smile.

"I want you to tag along with Hatori and Momiji today. They're going to Yuki's and Kyo's school for a festival they're having. I want you to go and report back to me on everything you hear." She ordered as she let go of him and coughed.

Kenshin waited for her to stop coughing; he never liked seeing or hearing his sister sick; it made him think she might die like their father did. He and Akito had both inherited their father's weak immune system causing the two to fall ill often.

"You may go now," She told him as he heard her move on her bed; he knew that she didn't feel well, and she was still his little sister. So before he left, he stretched his hand out and felt for her hair before smoothing it down and humming a gentle lullaby for her to relax when he finally felt her relax, he stopped and got up, leaving the room to let his sister rest.

Once he had gotten outside to where Momiji and Hatori were waiting for him, he heard Momiji run up to him before crashing into him with a hug. "Wie geht es dir Kenshi?" Momiji asked him cheerfully.

"Mir geht es gut und dir?" Kenshin asked the boy, causing him to squeal and clap in approval and delight.

Momiji had been teaching Kenshin how to speak German over the years since the two of them had grown close to each other since Momiji's mother decided to erase her memories of him. Kenshin was the only person who talked to Momiji in German, so it helped the boy cope with not being able to speak with his father or mother.

"Are you two going to stand there all day, or can we go?" Hatori asked, already regretting the choices he made that led up to him having to go.

"No! Let's go, Kenshi, before Harry leaves us behind." The boy said excitedly as he pulled Kenshin along with him to the car.

🐀🐂🐅🐇🐉🐍🐎🐐🐒🐓🐕🐖 🐈

Kenshin had gone to Yuki's and Kyo's school, not that he had a choice in the matter since Akito had ordered him. On their way to the school, Kenshin thought about all the different ways they could embarrass the two boys, seeing it as the perfect opportunity to do so. Once they had gotten to the school, Momiji ran ahead of them, wanting to get to the fair to see Yuki and Kyo as quickly as possible,

"Du lieber himmel!" Kenshin heard Momiji exclaim happily as he and Hatori reached the room.

"You look like ein schones Madchen!" Kenshin smiled as he listened to what Momiji had unmistakably told Yuki. Kenshin wondered how the boy must've been dressed for Momiji to make such a comment.

"Who's that?" A girl asked as Kenshin and Hatori put on the room slippers.

"What's he doing at the festival?" Kyo asked, stunned at the blonde's sudden appearance.