~Chapter 6~

"Alright so where do we wanna go," Harry says in a sing-song voice as he skips along through the mall. There were plenty of stores to go to, Hollister, American Eagle, Forever 21. 

"We can go to Hollister but I need to get water first," Hermione exclaims as she scans the mall for the nearest water fountain. "Oh found it, um, Ron can you come with me?" Hermione raises her eyebrow as she shoots a glare at Ron. 

"What why-" Ron stumbles as Hermione yanks his arm and drags him across the room to the water fountain. I watch in curiosity as Ron is being dragged like a toddler and I feel a firm grip on my arm.

"Alright sit down," Harry says as he leads me to the closest wall.

"You want me to sit on the floor?" I protest.

"Just sit y/n," Harry demands as he pulls me to the floor along with him. "What the hell happened?" 

"What do you mean?" I say acting completely oblivious. My annoyed demeanor on the other hand, said otherwise. 

"Don't act as if I didn't see what happened in Spencer's y/n I was only about 20 feet away," Harry rolls his eyes and rests his hand on my knee. "What happened?" I sigh and remember what Ron had said.

I don't like you

I never said I wanted to kiss you 

"What did you say to Ron," Harry repeats, obviously annoyed. "Don't make me get the veritaserum," He smiles, trying to make the situation less awkward.

"It was nothing Harry really," I sigh, trying to figure out how to phrase my words. "I just... was joking around with Ron and he didn't really... think it was funny?" I look at Harry hoping he would take that as an answer and leave me alone. 

"Listen y/n, I love you and everything, but that was the most pathetic lie I have ever heard in my life," Harry lets his smile break into a laugh, and I even let out a chuckle as well.

"Alright alright fine," I smile. Harry always knows how to make me feel better. I take a breath and gather my thoughts. "So, Ron wouldn't take the handcuffs off me and-" 

"Oh I wonder why," Harry sarcastically cuts me off while rolling his eyes. 

"W- what?" I ask, clearly confused. 

"Oh please, don't act as if you don't want to shag each other y/n it's obvious," Harry leans back against the wall we are sitting at and looks down at his finger nails. "Everyone can tell y/n, you're not that slick."  My lips contract into a firm smile as I try and not let out a laugh.

"I DON'T want to shag Ron," I firmly state. Harry looks at my lips that are slowly forming into a smile. He starts to smile too as we burst out laughing.

"Okay okay whatever you say," Harry continues to laugh. "I know you're lying but whatever you wanna think."

"Okay so back to what I was saying," I clear my throat and attempt to stop laughing. "He wouldn't take the stupid handcuffs off of me so I tried to distract him by telling him that if he wanted to kiss me so bad he should've just asked." Harry's eyes go wide signaling me that he is clearly impressed.

"Oh so you got bold I see you I see you," Harry nods and smiles. "I'm assuming Ron didn't take that very well?"

"Nope, he got really defensive," I say biting my lip. "He wasn't exactly happy, that's for sure."

"Well yeah, because you called him out," Harry states in a matter-of-fact tone. "I have Hermione talking to him over there trying to get his act together. He is SO immature sometimes," Harry rolls his eyes and brings his attention back down to his nails.

"Harry no no it's fine we don't need counseling he just needs to calm down," I say waving my hands in front of me trying to stop whatever evil plan they had came up with.

"Mmm no, Hermione and I were talking and everything is already set in place," Harry jokingly winks at me as we both laugh.

"Should I be scared?" I calm down laughing and bring my attention solely back to Harry, as he is obviously plotting something. 

"I would be excited," Harry says as he winks once again to try and make me laugh. 

Oh god. 

~AUTHORS NOTE~

Hey besties!! I know this chapter was kind of boring but it's all to set the scene for chapter 7! Some um... ✨ spicy ✨ things are coming... get excited ig 🙄 ✋