5. the picnic

A/N - let me make one thing clear. This is a multi-ship story meaning I will be breaking ships up, pairing ships up, and rebuilding ships up. I plan to make this story somewhat long, which will allow me to dive into the different relationships of not only my character and the other characters. Enjoy the chapter :)

~*~
A week later

Claire made her way to the nearby bakery, where she planned to meet the rest of her newly found friends. She had grown closer to Marinette as she discovered her parents owned her new favorite bakery. They bonded about their love for fashion. Marinette wanting to design the outfits and Claire wanting to have the latest fashion trends.

Claire had grown more comfortable around her friends, she no longer stuttered to the point where her sentences were unable to be interpreted. She stuttered less but still was shy to speak up in the group.

"Umm.. h-hi. Can I have a chocolate scone please?"

Claire nervously said as she rummaged through her bag for her wallet.

"No worries Claire, it's on the house."

Claire shook her head, insisting on paying. The short black blue-haired lady shook her hood and smiled.

"T-Thank you Mrs.Dupang-Cheng. I-I will repay you for your kindness.

"Just remember you are always welcome here at the bakery. No matter what. And call me Sabine dear."

Sabine held Claire on the shoulders and gave her a tight squeeze. Claire couldn't help but smile, she felt so loved by Sabine every time she would come by the bakery.

"Hey, Claire!"

Alya and Nino had just walked in through the doors of the bakery. Alya held an empty picnic basket and Nino was holding a tray of smoothies.

"Who's ready for a picnic at the Pont des Arts!?"

Alya excitedly walked towards me, holding the basket in her hands. She handed me the basket and I looked up at her.

"It's such a beautiful day outside. I really hope I get to find some inspiration."

Marinette came down to the bakery as she held a stack of sandwiches. Alya and Nino instantly laughed at the sight of Marinette.

"Marinette, watch out!"

Claire gasped as Marinette tripped over a bag of flour. She immediately fell onto the floor, knocking the sandwiches into the air. Claire immediately reacted and sprinted towards Marinette, catching all the sandwiches before they hit the ground. Claire quickly set the sandwiches on the counter and helped Marinette off the ground.

"Wow, Claire."

A faint voice came from behind Alya and Nino. Claire patted Marinette down, releasing the excess flour from her clothes. She looked up at the door and saw the blonde boy standing in the doorway. Her face immediately flushed with pink as she quickly hid her face away from Adrien.

"Thanks, Claire! Our sandwiches would've been ruined if you didn't catch them!"

Marinette immediately hugging Claire from the back. Claire smiled and held Marinette's hand as they were around her.