12. the get together

~*~

Adrien immediately fell asleep when he got back home from his late hangout with Ladybug. When he woke up the next morning, he was running late to school.

"Plagg! Wake up!"

Adrien nudged the little black kwami as he groaned and shooed him away. Adrien quickly changed into some fresh clothes and quickly grabbed Plagg and his school bag. He was out the door.

"Nathalie! Nathalie!"

Adrien yelled as he ran down the stairs. No one seemed to be home, he walked over to his father's office and knocked on the door.

"Father? Are you home?"

No response. Adrien frowned and took out his phone. He had received missed phone calls from Nathalie and his friends.

"Nathalie? Where is father?"

"Your father had some business to take care of elsewhere, and he asked me to help him. We will be back home later tonight. He trusts that you will continue your daily routine on your own."

"Of course Nathalie. Thank you."

It's interesting. Adrien had only been left home alone once and that was a really long time ago.

"Father never leaves the home. This must be important."

Adrien spoke to his kwami who was zipping around the main hall of Adrien's home.

"We are free! It's time to partyyy!"

Adrien stopped the kwami who was flying towards his face and shook his head.

"No I will definitely not be doing that, but it does give me a good idea."

Adrien smiled. Plagg raised his tiny eyebrow in confusion. Adrien laughed and opened his inside shirt pocket for Plagg to hide. Adrien made his way to school, already missing half the day and not wanting to miss the other half.

He walked into the library and saw Claire writing something down in her notebook. As he approached her, she didn't notice him. She was deep in concentration as she continued to write. Adrien quietly sat down next to her and tapped Claire's shoulder.

"Hey, little lady."

Claire looked up at Adrien and closed her notebook. Adrien flinched when she did this. Claire remained quiet, unaware of what to say.

He didn't read my text. God Claire, he's ignoring you now.

Adrien could tell Claire was Jose, he reached over to hold her hand but she jerked it away. Adrian frowned as he looked into Claire's brown eyes.

"What's wrong love?"

Claire didn't look back. She looked down at her hands laying on the table and sighed.

"You didn't get my texts."

She quietly spoke as Adrien backed away and took out his phone.

"I really need to talk. Please call me."

Adrien scrolled as there were several similar messages that Claire had sent. Adrien's smile quickly disappeared and quickly scooted closer to Claire. He put her arm around her and pulled her into his arms.