13. bad decisions

*the legal drinking age in France is 18 and 16*(in some cases)*

~*~

"Seriously Claire? You've never tried wine?"

The gang had been accustomed to wine and other things. Since Claire was from the United States, she wasn't of age to consume any kind of alcohol. She felt out of place as they all had passed the wine glasses out.

"The legal age in the US is twenty-one"

Claire softly spoke, looking down at her empty hands. Adrien frowned and set away his glass to comfort Claire. He wrapped one arm around her and smiled.

"No worries love, I won't drink either."

Claire leaned her head into Adrien as he kissed her forehead.

"It's not that bad I promise Claire."

Alya poured a tiny bit onto a wine glass and handed it to Claire.

"You don't have to if you don't want to."

Luka spoke up after taking a sip of his glass. Claire looked at him and sighed.

You don't wanna seem like the odd one, or the overly sensitive one for that matter. Let loose, allow yourself to have fun.

Claire looked at the glass and took the small sip. She felt all eyes on her as she did. The taste wasn't overall terrible but it was all new for Claire.

"See it wasn't that bad."

Luka spoke up, handing Claire a napkin. The two teenagers touched hands as she reached for the napkin. Claire snatched her hand away and looked away from Luka. He was smiling at Claire's nervousness, he thought it was adorable how Claire acts around him.

How dare she. She has Adrien, yet she's still flirting with Luka, MY boyfriend.

Marinette loudly cleared her throat, breaking the moment between Luka and Claire. Marinette poured herself another glass of wine, she had just finished her first. She was only gonna drink one but seeing them made her want another one.

Claire sat on Adrien's bed and gripped onto the blankets.

"Hey Claire? Can we talk in private?"

Claire looked up at Adrien, she smiled and he held her hand as they went into the hallway. As he closed his bedroom door behind him, he turned to Claire and cupped her cheek in one hand.

"How are you feeling?"

Claire looked up at the blonde boy standing in front of her. He removed his hand and held it into Claire's hands. Claire didn't know how to respond, her head flooded with different emotions and battling thoughts.

You could tell him how you really feel. Tell him what's bothering you.

No, don't tell him. Don't ruin the party, Claire.

"I'm doing better, thank you."

He smiled as he pulled both of their hands up and laid a kiss on her hands.

"That's good to hear my love."

Claire let out a faint smile as she had lied to Adrien. Maybe it's better like this Claire thought, she didn't want to ruin the party and what happened already happened. She just wanted to move on and be happy with Adrien.

"Adrien?"

Adrien tilted his head, confused about what the brunette girl wanted to say. Claire reached to his face and laid a kiss on his lips. Adrien clutched into Claire's waist and pulled her closer to him. Claire wrapped her hands around his neck as they deepened the kiss.