23. The Queen of Mean Pt.1

**villain inspired by Audrey in D3**

**TW - panic attack TW **

"Claire?"

Adrien instantly pulled away from Marinette as soon as he heard her name being yelled.

"What am I doing? Where's Claire? I'm sorry Marinette but I have to go."

Adrien spoke to himself before running off in search of Claire. Marinette stood there and looked around, she didn't know what to do. She was embarrassed and extremely disappointed in her actions.

Oh, Mari. What did you do!

Alya pulled her away from the dance floor and sat her down. Nino joined them later and pulled out his phone.

"Girl what did you do? What happened where's Adrien?"

Marinette's told them the situation. She looked down at her hands and buried her face into her hands as her friends comforted them.

"We messed up Alya. We messed up so bad."

~*~

Claire kept on running, farther and farther away from the school till she couldn't run anymore. Her face burning hot from the smeared makeup and tears running down her face. She managed to make it to the Louvre, which was still open despite it being late at night.

God Claire. You will never be enough for anyone! You'll never be enough!

Her mind scattered, yelling and tormenting her as her tears heavily streamed down her face. She entered to Louvre in tears, it was empty.

"Please! G-Go away!"

She fought the intrusive thoughts as they raided her mind. She walked around trying to calm herself down by the distractions of the exhibits.

Claire. You really thought Adrien loved you. No one has ever loved you. You have no one left.

Claire softly repeatedly whispered NO to herself as she made her way into a new unknown exhibit. She was intrigued by the mysterious scepter that beamed with energy as she passed by it. Claire caught her breath as she stared at the scepter, tears still running down her face.

"Claire. Oh, Claire."

She could feel the dark aura of the scepter calling out to her. She stood up off the ground and slowly walked towards it. Claire reached her hand closer and closer to the beam but as soon as she touched it, and Akuma possessed the scepter along with Claire, whose sobs grew louder.

"No! Get out!"

She fell to her knees and clutched onto her head. She tried to resist Hawkmoth out of her head but he was too strong.

"You are a strong young one. But your negative emotions are stronger. Don't resist."

He muttered the words in her mind that echoed all over her head. Claire shook her head and let herself succumb to the darkness.

"NO!"

~*~

"Queen of Mean, I am Hawkmoth. I give you the infinite power to seek revenge on those who have wronged you."