22. Princesses and Princes Pt.2

*This iconic song is referenced of course:)*

~*~

The doors were finally opened for guests and they all started piling in. The tables filled with guests and the music was blasting as the conversations grew louder. There were guests spread all over the pleasantly decorated courtyard either dancing on the dance floor, checking out the dessert table, or just hanging out. The dance was proven to be a success.

"Dupain-Cheng!?"

A shriek could be heard across the courtyard, coming from a familiar blonde girl in the yellow ball gown. She rushed over towards Marinette and scoffed loudly in front of her.

"Why would anyone want you to be queen!?"

The redhead Sabrina shyly followed after her, almost tripping on her own dress. Chloe vigorously tapped her heel among the table and folded her arms as she waited for Marinette to answer.

"Chole I don't know what you're talking about."

Marinette ignored the girl as she clutched onto the white ballot box. Chole got one of the white cards and waved it in front of Marinette's face. Marinette took it and read it aloud.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng as Queen."

She widened her eyes at the card and looked up in shock. She wasn't in charge of the voting system, she was just in charge of the collection of them that night.

"I don't know anything about this Chole. But you're nominated too so why are you upset."

Chole scoffed loudly, flipping her hair in front of Marinette's face as she walked away. Marinette gathered the remaining cards and angrily headed back to her table.

"Alya!"

Marinette angrily set the box down and leaned on the table, interrupting Alya and Nino's conversation.

"Hey! What's the matter, girl?"

Marinette showed her the card and Alya's mouth created an O shape and she started laughing.

"Oh my god. That was not me girl!"

Claire started to approach the table with Luka when they heard the commotion. They both remained a distance from them as Luka softly elbowed her and whispered.

"Are you gonna tell her?"

Claire looked up at Luka and back at the girls. Marinette was just accusing Alya and Alya couldn't stop laughing. Poor Nino was just sitting there confused.

"No. I don't think I will."

Claire giggled which made Luka look down at her and smile. He never noticed how adorable her giggle was. Claire playfully clutched onto Luka's arm and pulled him to the table.

"Hey, babe. Where have you been?"

Claire let go of Lukas's arm and sat next to Adrien as he leaned in to kiss her on the cheek. Luka's smile quickly faded away as he rubbed the back of his neck and just stood there.

"Guess who's nominated for Queen as well!"

Alya excitedly handed Claire the white card.

"Claire Reeds for Queen."

Claire looked down at the card in shock and shook her head in denial.

"Haha. Very funny guys."

Claire awkwardly spoke out, trying to contain her nerves. She anxiously looked back down at the card for reassurance before looking at her friends.