Chapter 6 - A new coffee

"Connor Franta?..." I blurt out, stunned.

I can't believe I just spilt hot coffee all over the one and only Connor Franta. I watch him as he tabs a napkin over his coffee stained shirt and just stare out of amazement.

"I'm so sorry" I repeat.

"Don't worry, it's fine, what better coffee to get spilt on me than a PSL hey" He jokes. I can't believe this is happening, I am speaking to Connor Franta right now. "Let me get you another one" He offers.

"No of course not, I spilt it on you" I tell him.

"No I should of been watching where I was going" he smiles at me and I nearly faint at his beauty. "Sorry but, how did you know my name?" He asks.

Oh god, I don't know how to answer this. Do I play it cool and pretend I have just seen him on the TV once before or should I tell him the truth about him being my all time favourite YouTuber and all round human being.

I decide to play it cool and hope it doesn't back fire. "Oh umm...I've just seen your face around on adverts and things" I stutter panicking but he just smiles and nods.

"Well seeing as you know mine, might I know you name?" He asks charismatically.

"Leah Mcintosh" I say shyly and look down, still not believing what is happening.

"Aw cute name" he mumbles and I blush.

"Umm, thanks" I say and realised we've been standing in the middle of a Starbucks for about 5 minutes awkwardly talking.

"Do you wanna get a drink from somewhere else and on the way you can tell me more about yourself?" Connor asks and my breath hitches. Did Connor Franta just ask me to go for a walk with him.

I nod and we head towards the exit. "So where we going then?" I ask him.

"I know a really nice coffee place further into town, do you know it?" He asks.

"No I'm new here, I moved from England yesterday" I say and laugh.

"I thought I noticed a English accent" he states proudly.

"Congratulations" I mock jokely and he nudges my shoulder. Oh my god, is Connor Franta flirting with me.

"Hush you, so tell me about England, where abouts you from?" He asks me.

"Cheshire, it's a small little county in the countryside" I tell him.

"I've been there, I know someone who lives near it, it's quaint"

"Yeah I really like it, I'm going to miss it a lot" I reply sadly

"You'll love LA though, I'm sure of it" He says trying to cheer me up from my sudden down.

"I'm sure I will" I reassure him. "So are you from LA originally" I ask pretending I don't know he really comes from Minnesota.

"No I moved here about 2 years ago with some friends of mine, I'm originally from La Cresent, Minnesota" he says and I squeal inside knowing when he refers to his 'friends' he is talking about Kian, Jc and Ricky but just nod on the outside.

"Sounds cold" I say showing my knowledge of his home state.

"Yep it is very cold there" he says as we stop walking outside a small cafe in the heart of LA. "Here we are, best coffee in LA other than Starbucks of course" he says and winks. I thank him for opening the door for me and head inside with him on my heels.

I buy a plain latte and am careful not to spill it as I head to a table with him in tow. "Thanks Connor" I say as we sit down.

"For what?" He chuckles.

"I don't know, it felt appropriate to say" I say and laugh at myself.

"Oh ok, well you're welcome then" he replies and smiles his beautiful smile, showing off his pearly white teeth.

...

We go on to discuss everything from our families to whether I'm going to carry on at a university or drop my studies and before I knew it, it was starting to get dark outside.

"This has been so nice Connor, thank you for keeping me company today" I say as we leave the cafe.

"No problem, it was fun, do you want me to walk you home" he ask and I thank him as we begin to walk. I shiver at the slight breeze that has picked up due to the evening chill. "Here" Connor says and takes off the jacket he was wearing and drapes it round my bare shoulders. I take the time to admire his outfit, in his videos he always had good fashion sense but I could never properly see it. Today he is wearing a white (now slightly brown stained) tee with an open, dark blue button up shirt and a leopard print cap. He looks flawless and it makes me blush for like the hundredth time today.

I realise I'm staring at him so thank him and we continue walking. "I really am sorry for spilling that on you, your tee is ruined"

"It's completely fine Leah, stop apologising, as long as you don't mind me making a video about it" he says and winks at me.

The idea of me being the person Connor is talking about it a video makes my heart jump. "Ah yeah if you must" I say falsely nonchalant. "I guess it is a funny story, but I still feel guilty" I add.

"Honestly, don't" Connor says almost sternly.

"Ok ok" I say as we get to my front door. "Anyway this is me" I say and awkwardly put my hands in the pockets of his jacket that I'm wearing and balance on my heels.

"This has been fun, thank you" Connor says and I blush yet again.

"Yeah it really has" I agree.

"We should meet up again, can I get your number?" He asks and my heart stops momentarily.

Connor fucking Franta just asked for my number, this is the best day of my life. "Of course" I say and he gets out his phone and passes it to me to type the number into. Once I'm done I get mine out and let him do the same. "I'll text you, see you soon Leah" Connor says and I nod, trying to keep in my excitement. "Bye Connor" I reply and head into my house, taking one more look at Connor before closing the door.

When I get inside I run up the stairs straight away without even speaking to my parents. I get to my room and dive into my bed, grabbing a pillow and screaming into it out if excitement. Then I jump up off my bed and dance round my room out of sheer joy.

"I can't believe it, I can't believe it" I repeat over and over again. How did I start the day a boring 20 year girl and finish it a 20 year old girl with Connor Franta's number in her mobile and awaiting a text arranging their next meet up. "Best day ever" I scream excitedly, still dancing round my new room.

After about 10 minutes of freaking out, I flop down onto my bed and pick up my phone. I open up my messages and click on my group chat with all my friends. I begin to type out my message telling them what happened but something inside me tells me not to. They wouldn't believe me and anyway, I quite like having it as my little secret, despite how much I want to show off about it. I put my phone away and open up my laptop, going onto Connor's Channel. I spend the next 3 hours watching video after video of his, every time thinking 'I've met him, I've seen that smile in person, I've warn that jacket'

Before I know it my mum is calling my name to come downstairs for some dinner. "So darling, how was town, anything interesting happen?" My mum asks as we settle down for dinner.

"Not really, just found a few nice shops and cafes" I say, leaving out the information on Connor.

"Sounds lovely, what are your plans for tomorrow?" My dad says.

"Umm, not sure yet, maybe join the gym as a way of making a few new friends" I reply.

"Good idea" my mum agrees and we finish our dinner quickly only making small chit chat now and again. After dinner I go upstairs to my room and go to bed. I lay there replaying the day over and over in my head, trying to let it sink in.