Chapter 10 - A Surprise Visit

It has been two days since my kiss with Connor and things have been going great. I'm not sure if we are dating now or what but I'm sure we will clarify the relationship soon enough. He is coming over later today to hang as my parents said they've got to go into town to do something so won't be in. They don't know me and Connor are more than just friends and I'd rather keep it that way.

I'm also really excited about Alexia coming on Monday and today is Saturday so I don't have to wait that much longer till I get to see her. I haven't quite decided if I'm going to tell her about Connor. She probably wouldn't believe me and make me call him to prove it or something like that and even then she would just get really jealous and sulk so I think it's best not to for now. I should definitely wait until me and him are actually officially dating.

To keep me busy until Connor gets here later, I decide to start looking into universities to keep me busy. I go downstairs to find my laptop and search for local universities that do my course.

"What you doing honey" my mum asks, coming into the kitchen with a pile of washing.

"I'm looking at universities. College here is so expensive compared to England, maybe I will look for a job after all and take a gap year whilst saving" I say and shut my computer.

"Ok, what ever you decide we will support. Anyway me and your dad have got to go get Al... I mean go to town now" she corrects and smiles shyly at me.

What's she trying to hide? What are her and dad doing today? I think it might be best if I don't know. "Ok, what time are you going to be home?" I ask.

"Hmm, probably about 4 but then we're going to go for a meal so basically we won't be back till late" she says, putting the washing into the washing machine.

If they're not going to be back till late that means I get more time with Connor which is good. "Ok" I say and leave the kitchen to go Skype my friends as I haven't spoken to them in ages.

...

"Hey guys, I miss you all so much" I say to them.

"We miss you too, can't wait to come see you, only about a months time until we are getting on that plane and coming to see you" Ethel shouts down the camera.

"Omg yeah I can't wait" I say.

"Hey guys how come Alexia isn't online?" Matty asks.

"Oh yeah where is she guys?" I second.

"I'm not sure, she said something about going on a trip somewhere, must be a family thing" Satyana tells us.

As she finishes talking I hear my dad coming up the stairs. "We're off, see you later Leah" he says sticking his head round my door.

"Bye, have fun doing, whatever it is you're doing" I say and wave him off.

"Was that you're dad?" Matty asks.

"Yep, him and my mum are going out for the day" I tell them, leaving out my plans for today.

"Oh my god yeah I forgot it's only like 10am where you are, it's 6pm here" Ethel says.

"Yeah it's so weird thinking you're in a different time zone" Satyana adds.

"Oh I can't believe I forgot to tell you, Mr Morgan knocked up Miss Anisworth and nobody even knew they were dating so they're in big trouble with the Chancellor now, he's still hot as ever though" Matty says and we all laugh.

"Oh my god, Miss Ainsworth is a lucky woman" I say laughing.

We carry on gossiping about Professors until I hear my door bell signalling Connor is here.