Chapter 2 - Telling everyone

When I wake up after a unwanted short sleep with out a lay in due to classes today, I climb out of bed and have a shower.

The news I received yesterday is still reeling around my head and the hot water is helping to soothe the stress. It will be really exciting to move to a whole new continent and start a new life there but it's also very scary to leave this one behind and there's so much preparation needed: I need to decide if I'm going to live with my parents or not as I thought I had decided last night to live on my own but the idea is slowly sounding more and more unappealing, so I now I think I'm leaning towards living with them, I need to decide whether I'm going to carry on my studies in a new university there or stop and try something else like getting a job, I need to pack everything, and with packing comes deciding what to keep and what not to keep, there's just so much to do and I'm don't know how long I've got to do it.

After getting dressed I run downstairs and grab an apple from the fruit bowl and go to get my bag ready.

I check my phone to see the time as my friend Satyana is picking me up today as it's Monday and we have first period together.

I hear a knock on the door and open it to Satyana's gleaming smile. "Hey guuuuurrrl" she says in a fake American accent. I just laugh and walk with her out to the car. "Morning Saty, how are you" I ask her to make small talk on our journey to uni. She tells me all about her weekend that she spent with her new boyfriend from America. She spent the summer there and met a guy. They fell in love quickly and soon were dating. "I'm so glad your happy with him" I reply and smile at her.

When we arrive at class I take a seat near the front of the lecture hall next to my friend Ethel and Satyana slots in after me. "Hey" I greet Ethel and we share a quick hug before the professor comes in and tells us to settle down.

Class is as boring as ever, just going over conjugating irregular verbs in the imperfect tense. Grammar in French class is always a bore. "Wow, Mr Morgan is looking as hot as ever" Ethel comments as we make our way out of the lecture hall. Me and my friends all have a bit of crush on our Professor, he's only about 6 or 7 years older than us and is highly good looking. We always make jokes about it and it's quite funny.

We head toward the cafeteria to meet up with our other two friends. We're all in a group, just the 5 of us. Me, Satyana, Ethel, Alexia and Matilda (though we just call her Matty)

I'm slightly panicking as we sit down at a table because I've got to tell them all about me moving to LA. I don't even know when, as dad said he just has to go when his office tells him to.

"So how was french guys?" Alexia asks me and Ethel and Saty.
"Boring but Mr Morgan was on point so it wasn't all bad" Ethel replies and everyone laughs. They all dive into a conversation about their classes and how much studying they've got to do ready for their final exams but I just stay quiet and contemplate what to say to explain to my best friends in the whole world that I'm moving to another country. I'm suddenly pulled out of my thoughts by Matty's voice. "You alright Leah, you look really pale and have gone quiet?"
"Uh, well actually I've got some stuff I need to tell you guys" I say and they all look very concerned.

"Um, well...I..I'm...my dad got, ummm..." I stutter to find the right way of telling them, I love them all so much and don't want to leave them. "My dads been given a promotion and its in America so I'm going to be moving to LA" I say quickly, rushing the words. "What! Oh my god, we're going to miss you so much, when you going?" Alexia asks me.
"We're not sure, probably quite soon" I say and look down.
"Oh my god, I can't believe this, you're so lucky, I'd love to move to LA" Ethel says to try and cheer me up. I just smile at her and they all stand up for a group hug. I'm really going to miss them all but I'm sure we'll stay friends.

We spend the rest of lunch talking about LA and what it's going to be like, they've made me promise to invite them over, as soon as I'm settled in, for a big sleepover.

After lunch I get ready to leave as I only have one class on Monday. I begin my walk to the bus stop as I get the bus home on Monday because Satyana gives me lifts to school but on Mondays she has a lesson after lunch when I don't and so I can't have a lift back unless I were to wait for her to finish her 2 hour long class. No thank you!!

As I'm heading out the school gates, I see Alexia coming up to me. "Hey Al, whatcha want?" I ask and smile.
"Promise me, please please promise me we will stay friends when you live, you know I've always considered you my best friend out of all the girls and I don't know how I'm going to cope without you" she whimpers. It's true, me and Alexia are closer than I am with the other girls. "Of course we will Al, I will invite you over on your own first for a sleepover before the one with the others, how about that?" I say and wink. She smiles and hugs me.
"Sounds great, I've gotta run, physiology starts in like 5 minutes, bye babe" she says and runs off. I laugh to myself and head to the bus stop.

Once I'm home I get changed into comfy clothes and get on with some studying until my parents come home at around 6ish.

...

"By the way Leah, I was telling your mum earlier, my office have told me I'm going to be needed at the new LA office by next month, so we'll be moving next week in order to have at least 2 weeks to settle in before work starts" my dad tells me as we all sit down to a nice meal.

"Woah, that's so soon" I say rather shocked.
"Yeah I know, sorry darling but that's just the way it is, have you decided what you're going to do in terms of living with us or on your own?" My mum asks me. "Yeah I've decided to live with you for a while, at least until I get used to LA, that's alright, right?" I inform them.

"Of course it is" my dad says and smiles at me.

Dinner ends quickly and I head upstairs early for bed. I can't believe I'm moving to LA in a weeks time. That's 7 days! It's crazy! Though as its approaching I'm feeling more and more excited and less nervous, well other than the leaving my friends behind bit. I guess tomorrow I'm going to have to tell them that it will be my last week. It's going to be tough to admit it.

I fall asleep quickly after thinking for a while about LA and wake up the next morning looking forward to continue my final week at Cheshire county university.