twenty.

Natasha and I walked through the jet hanger side by side, neither of us uttering a word as we moved towards the jet that was prepped and ready

Natasha and I walked through the jet hanger side by side, neither of us uttering a word as we moved towards the jet that was prepped and ready. Natasha had a long black coat on, a small duffel back hanging off of her shoulder with anything she might need inside. Including a mission suit, just if the need ever arises. We stopped at the jet closest to the hanger door, the back of it open and the control panned ready to take her over to Japan. It was a small jet, just needing the one pilot, having no means of defence. It was primarily just for transport, which is exactly what she needed.

I let out a small sigh as I folded my arms over my chest, stopping at the end of the ramp as Natasha turned to look at me, a somber expression resting on her face. She tugged on the ends of the belt that adorned her coat, pulling them tight as she nodded her head at me confidently. "You're sure you don't want to come?" she asked one more time, making it seem like she had asked me for the millionth time tonight. "Yeah" I replied, my throat seeming incredibly dry like I hadn't seen a glass of water in a decade. "I don't think that I'd be able to handle it if it isn't him" I explained to her, making Natasha nod her head in understanding as she looked away for a brief moment.

I know that she had through of that herself, but she was putting on the bravest face she could. One of us had to go and find our best friend, and she was prepared for what could happen if it wasn't Clint. "I will call you when I'm on my way back" she told me, taking a step towards me with her arms outstretched as we hugged for a moment. "Be careful" I told her, rubbing her upper back a few times before pulling away. I pulled a small smile onto my face, trying my best to seem encouraging, wanting to bestow her with as much confidence as possible. "Love you" I told her, taking a few steps back as she walked up the ramp and into the jet.

She turned back towards me, her hand outreaching for the control panel that sat on the wall, her other hand holding onto the strap of her back. Natasha smiled back at me, nodding her head a few times as she took in a deep breath. "You too" she replied, my hands finding the back pockets of my jeans as she pushed the small button. The ramp started to rise, the red head preparing to take her seat in the pilots chair. I stood in that spot as I watched her pull out of the hanger, my feet never moving from their spot. After a while the sound of the jets engines completely disappeared into the quiet of the clear night. The large metal doors closed once again, engulfing me in the safety of the dull darkness.

!

It was the early hours of the morning now, the sun was already starting to rise as the warm hues interrupted the darkness of this night. I was sitting on the large couch in the living area, my feet tucked under my and a blanket sprawled over my legs. Steve was lying beside me, the blanket covering his torso and legs as his head rested in the crack between the couch cushions. He had his arms crossed against his chest relaxingly, which was odd as it seemed like the least comfortable place to keep your arms as you slept. Steve had vowed to stay awake with me until I got a call from Natasha telling me she was on her way back, but it got to 3am and he was out like a light.