thirty-one.

We stood in a small storage room that was filled with boxes that lines multiple rows on shelves placed throughout the space

We stood in a small storage room that was filled with boxes that lines multiple rows on shelves placed throughout the space. One of the boxes had been pulled down off the shelf when we came to try and figure out what was in them, the box holding Camp Lehigh t-shirt's in different sizes. The room was clearly used for miscellaneous storage, another box being filled entirely with rubber tubbing that has holes in it and wouldn't let anything run through it without falling out. The sheer curtains that hung over the windows diffused the light as it fell through the thin panes of glass, the light barley being enough to illuminate the room. We couldn't afford turning on the light or someone may get suspicious.

I had a dark red dress pulled over my legs as it sat resting on my hips, my top half completely bare as I slouched myself shoulders forward and used my arms to cover my chest. Steve was standing behind me, his hands slowly working at the glass that has lodged it's way into my back from my fall off of the balcony. My body should be able to heal up some of the more superficial cuts, but there were smaller shards of glass wedged in my skin that my body wouldn't be able to heal over. Steve stood in a set of khaki's a white shirt under the jacket he was wearing and the pants being slightly too short.

Tony, who was currently stood at the side of the room facing a wall to try and offer me some privacy, was wearing slacks and a shirt underneath a grey lab coat embroidered with a name over the left breast. Our old clothes and Steve's shield had been stashed in the corner behind a stack of boxes, nothing stopping anyone from finding them except from my hopeful attitude that no one would come in here. I held my breath as Steve's cold fingertips grazed my back in effort to pull another shard of glass from my skin. As he gave it a tug a winced slightly, shrinking away from the pain as Steve snatched his hand back at me reaction.

"Sorry" Steve mumbled as his hand tightened around my shoulder slightly, the small gesture adding to his apology. He ran his thumb over the back of my neck, my eyes closed tightly as he plucked out another shard of glass. "Is it bad?" I asked, wincing at the pain as his fingers hit the cut, a warm tingling sensation filling my body. Steve took a moment to reply, applying pressure with his thumb on my neck to attempt to comfort me. "Not really" Steve said back to me as I clenched my jaw hard as I felt another shiver of pain run down my legs to root into the group. "So that's a yes" I replied, knowing that Steve would tell me it looked fine no matter what it actually was looking like.

Silence fell over the small room again as I closed my eyes, clenching my jaw tightly as I took in a deep breath through my nose. "Sorry" Steve said once again as I let out the breath, the feeling of his fingers plucking the glass from my skin making me nauseous. I hadn't had a serious accident in a long time now, and my body was just not as used to it as it once was. "I can handle it just pull it" I said to him, this process taking much longer than we had time for. "You want me to try?" Tony asked as he turned around from where he was standing at the wall, Steve turning his head to look at him quickly.

"Turn around" Steve grumbled as Tony let out a sigh, turning the opposite direction again as he faced the wall. "A little protective are we, Captain?" Tony asked as he leaned his forehead against the wall in boredom of having stood there for so long. "He pushed me off the balcony" I remarked, Steve making a noise of disagreement as he shook his head at me words. "No I was pushed into you which made you fall off the balcony" he said in a matter of fact tone, like the truth made any difference to the outcome. "Well, I still have glass in my back so" I responded, bowing my head again as I let my hair drape over my shoulder. "Can you get me one of those t-shirts, Tony?" I asked, turning my head slightly to see the box cracked open with the white shirts embroidered with the base logo over the breast.