fourteen.

I stood behind the new control board, Bruce standing by side as he screwed on a few knobs and switches that hadn't been installed yet

I stood behind the new control board, Bruce standing by side as he screwed on a few knobs and switches that hadn't been installed yet. We were standing in the middle of one of the warehouses, the brown van that Scott had shown up in sitting in front of us with the back doors sitting open, revealing the make shift Quantum tunnel that was resting inside of it. We had spent all of the last few days trying to get this van to be what we wanted it to, and it was much more difficult than we all thought it would be. The sunlight was filtering in through the large windows that were opposite us, showing the calm grounds as birds flew through the blue sky.

"Who built this?" Bruce asked critically as he stared down at it, a pair of small wire cutters in his hand as he worked on disconnecting the wires attached to the control board that had arrived with the van. Scott opened his mouth to reply, my hands working a screwdriver on the screws holding the switches and knobs to the motherboard Bruce and I had built, giving it the finishing touches. "It's got Pym written all over it" I replied before Scott could say anything, the machine reminding me of something that would be found in Hank's lab in a SHIELD base. Scott was leaning against the side of the van, Natasha on a creeper that slid her underneath the van, a wrench in her hand as she worked on something.

"What are you even building surely it's set to go already?" Scott asked us, Bruce picking up the wires he had cut as he threw them to the side, those ends needing to be attached to the motherboard that we had made already. "It's been sitting abandoned for 5 years" I countered to Scott, Bruce moving carefully over to the machine I was working on as I looked up at him. "I'm going to attach the van to the board now" Bruce said as I nodded my head, making me take a step back as I threw the screwdriver into the open toolbox on the floor with a loud clatter.

"Nat, come put unless you want electrocuted" I shouted at her, making her wheel out form under it, flipping the wrench around in her hand as she sat up straight. "Localizers are installed" Natasha said as she grabbed a rag that was tucked into her pocket, wiping her grimy hands on it as she stood up with a groan, pushing the wrench into holster on her tool belt. I looked up at Scott, who was still leaning a shoulder against the side of the van, his eyes lazily following us as he caught my gaze on him. I stared at him for a moment, wondering if he had just heard what I had told Natasha less than 1 minutes ago.

"Get off the van" I said to him as he quickly snapped out of his daze, straightening up and almost tripping over his feet in the process as he pushed his hands into his pockets. "You should all take a few steps back incase something explodes" Bruce told us as he picked up the large soldering iron, which still looked like a microchip in his hand. Nat and I nodded out heads as we started walked away, Scott standing in his spot as he looked between us and Bruce cautiously. "What happens if something explodes?" he asked quickly, almost tripping over the to box as he tried to catch up with the redhead and I as we made our way to the wall.

"We are finished before we even begun" Bruce replied with a smile shrug as if it was completely normal for a room to blow up. "The van gets destroyed?" Scott shouted, his eyes wide as Bruce nodded his head, putting safety goggles over his eyes as he held the wires in his left hand. "Pretty much" I replied as Scott ran over to stand with Nat and I, Natasha leaning against the wall as she crossed her arms over her chest. Scott stood next to me, leaning towards me with a scared look on his face. "Hey, is this a good idea?" he asked me, making me let out a sigh as I took a step away from him ever so slightly, not liking how he was infringing on my personal space.

"The van clearly still works I used it less than a week ago" Scott said harshly, pointing over at it as I nodded my head slowly, Natasha's eye roll basically audible in the still air as Bruce got ready. "It works if you want to get to the quantum realm" I explained, looking over at him as I held my hands out in fists in front of me. I lifted one up, making Scott look at it as I used it in my explanation. "We are trying to pin point a specific moment in the time continuum and exit at it, that's what we have been trying to build" I added, lifting up the other fist to show the time line, Scott nodding his head slowly as if he understood, but I could still see his apprehension.

"Yeah but if something goes wrong we have lost all hope" Scott levelled out as the noise of the wires connecting ringing through out the relatively empty room, Scott's eyes being drawn towards it. "Well we better pray that nothing goes wrong then" I said with a raised voice, Scott barely listening to me anymore as he watched nervously. The door swung open as Nat and I turned to see Scott walk into the room, wincing at the screeching noise as he stopped. He looked over at us, walking over as he also inspected on what Bruce was doing, balancing a holder with a bunch of drinks in one of his hands.

"I brought smoothies" he shouted over the noise, Natasha reaching out and grabbing one as Steve held one out to Scott, who waved it off. "Why are we standing over here?" he asked, handing me the smoothie as I thanked him with a small smile. "It might blow up" Scott replied before I could, Steve's eyes growing as he looked back at what Bruce was doing before turning back to me. "What?" he asked, sounding just as concerned as Scott was as I rolled my eyes, setting the straw between my lips as I shook my head. "It's fine, Bruce knows what he's doing" I explained as Steve nodded his head, taking his own smoothie as he set the holder with the two left on the table that was sitting against the wall next to Scott.

Steve walked back over to me, Scott moving to the side as he slotted in next to me, leaning over and giving me a quick kiss on the forehead as I took a large gulp of my smoothie. The four of us stood and watched as Bruce connecting the wires together, nothing blowing up as the noise stopped, still ringing through the room slightly. "Done" Bruce shouted back to us as Natasha started walking over, still sipping on her smoothie as I followed after her. "Can you turn on that generator when you pass it" Natasha asked to Steve, who was about to walk past the large generator. "Flick the red switch" she explained as he stopped my, eyes looking over Bruce's newest work as I took my place behind the switch board.

"Not that one" Natasha said as Steve's hand hovered over a switch, the wrong one presumably. "The one to the left" she explained as Bruce started flipping switched right and left, my free hand that wasn't holding my smoothie working on the keyboard on the installed computer, typing in lines of code speedily. "And now" Bruce said slowly as he looked over at me, being met with a nod of my head as he clapped his hands with a booming laugh that bounced off of the walls. "It's ready" he added as Steve stared at the van, Scott letting out a sigh of relief as Natasha smiled to herself intently.

This was really happening.

——

A/N: so just another little filler chapter before anything big really happens
in other news WandaVision premiered a few days ago, did anyone watch it? and if so what were your thoughts?
I'm super excited to see where it leads to and I had so much fun watching something marvel related again and trying to catch all the easter eggs. It made me realise how much I miss cinemas and going to see movies so hopefully they will open up again soon
please do not forget to vote and comment and i will see you soon

 It made me realise how much I miss cinemas and going to see movies so hopefully they will open up again soon please do not forget to vote and comment and i will see you soon