five.

We all stood on Tony's porch, Steve leaning against the wooden post as Scott explained his whole situation out to Tony

We all stood on Tony's porch, Steve leaning against the wooden post as Scott explained his whole situation out to Tony. He listened intently with minimal interruptions with stupid jokes or sarcastic remarks, which was pretty impressive even for him. I stood next to Natasha, my arms crossed as I listened into the men intently, not having anything to say at this point in time. Tony was pouring out lemonade from a pitcher into a few glasses, looking back at Scott every so often to acknowledge the fact that he was still listening to them.

"Now, we know what it sounds like" Scott said as he held his hands out in front of him defensively, barely having taken a single breath while talking for the past 10 minutes. He stuttered as if he didn't have any other words left in his brain, Steve stepping in as he stood up a bit straighter. "Tony, after everything you've seen, is anything really impossible?" Steve asked him, his hands pushed into the pockets of his jeans as I stared at him, watching his every move as the crease in his forehead deepened. He had barely even said anything to Tony since we had got here, and that silence extended over to me as well, Steve not even giving me a glance.

"Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck Scale, which then triggers the Deutsch Proposition. Can we agree on that?" Tony asked, holding out a glass as everyone stared at him blankly, the science terms going straight over their heads. "English?" Natasha asked before taking the glass of lemonade with a thank you before taking a large gulp of it. "Time is too unstable" I replied quickly before Tony could, being met with his eyes and his eyebrows raised in shock that I managed to understand the nonsense we was saying. "Since when did you have a physics PHD?" he asked me as Natasha looked at me, nodding her head slowly as if my explanation made more sense, which it clearly did.

"I've been doing some reading, sue me" I replied quickly as I leaned forward, grabbing a glass from the table as Tony nodded his head slowly, picking up another as I took a small sip. "In Layman's terms, you're not coming home" Tony said as he grabbed another glass, passing it to Steve who hurriedly took his hands from his pockets, taking it in his hands. "Thank you" he responded quietly as Scott shook his head, his eyes wide and mouth hanging open slightly like a lost puppy.

"I came home" Scott argued as Tony shook his head, handing the last glass to Scott who took it and drank a large gulp from it as I did as well. "No, you accidentally survived, it's a billion to one cosmic fluke yet now you want to pull a" he started, snapping his fingers as he pointed at Scott for the rest of his sentence, raising his eyebrows. "A time heist?" Scott replied, not having much confidence like he was trying to hide his pride from Tony, who was very likely to bash it. "Of course, why didn't we think of this before? Oh, because it's laughable? Because it's a pipedream?" Tony asked as he looked between Steve, Nat and I, not waiting for answers as he kept throwing out his rhetorical question.

"The Stones are in the past and we can go back and get them" Scott said as he set his glass on the railing of the porch, keeping his eyes on Tony. "We can snap our own fingers to bring everyone back" Natasha added in, Scott nodding his head and pointing at her like he knew what that meant, even though he didn't. "Or screw it up worse than he already has, right? Tony asked, raising his eyebrows as Nat who closed her mouth, not having anything else to counter that. We all knew Tony was right, but we were too proud to let go of the tiny glimpse of hope we had been handed. "I don't believe we would" Steve replied, making Tony shake his head as he let out a sigh, pointing his fingers at the blonde quickly.