Used to be (L.O.V.E.) - Steve Rogers

(The song in this story is Used to be l.o.v.e. by Chelsea Collins.)

You sat on your bed reading a book when all of a sudden you heard someone banging on your bedroom door. You opened it to find Natasha and Wanda anxious to tell you something but before you could say hi  to them they were in your room.

"Y/n,you might want to sit down and take this." Nat said handing you a glass of water .  "Ok,your kinda freaking me out." You said laughing nervously.  "We saw something that you're not gonna really like and before we tell you just know that we love you and we'll be here for you at all times." Wanda said.  You we're getting a bit annoyed and wanted them to tell you.

"Well, spit it out. I'm not getting any younger."  You said sassily. "We saw Steve kissing Sharon."  You were shocked and trying to process the information you had received. That your boyfriend had kissed another girl and only god knows what else could have happened.  "Y/n, it's gonna be okay." Wanda said. "Do what ever you need to scream, break something we'll help you." Nat added. So you did just that you screamed,broke the glass in your hand and started crying.

You stayed with Nat and Wanda in your room all day but you had a little plan. Tonight Tony told everyone that he was having an avengers karaoke night and you decided on a great way to tell Steve that you knew about Sharon and pretty much humiliate him in front of the team. You decided it was time to stop crying and do what you wanted. "I'm going to have to tell him that I know and I want to do it in the most awesome way possible." You said to your besties before explaining what you were going to do.

They were on board completely and they wanted to help you get ready because no one was going to take you seriously in your tear stained pajamas. Nat and Wanda did your makeup and picked out an outfit for you that was pretty but still not too fancy. They did a nice nude makeup look and you were ready.

You went downstairs and saw Steve sitting on the couch and talking to Bucky,but you didn't sit next to him, you were still mad. So instead you sat next to Wanda and Nat. You didn't want to go first so you let some of the others go first.

Then you finally grew a pair and asked if you could go next. You asked Tony to make you a specific microphone and you asked Nat to put on the song  when you were ready. You looked at her and nodded your head signaling that you were ready. You didn't really need the lyrics because you had memorized them but Nat put on a karaoke version any way. The music started and you started singing along.

L is for the way you lie to me
O is for the other ones you see
V is for vindictive, chew my heart and then you spit it
E hurts even more, but who knows what I keep hoping for

The whole team stared at you  kinda confused and you just kept looking at Steve. At first he was confused but then he got it and you just kept going perfectly singing the song.

When I'm trip trip tripping over everything you say and do
Like even though I'm miles away, I'll keep my faith for you
Oh, but I'm just a blinded fool
With my heart so tied who knows what to do
So I'll go, fill up the cracks
'Cause I swear that we could make it back

Then you pressed a button on the mic and the button activated a robotic filter to make your voice sound exactly like the singer's did in  the song.

If you try a little harder like the way that you used to do
When you cared about someone other than you
Come home, then you would kiss me in the moonlight
I wanna love you, but we live to fight
And making love shouldn't be an obligation
Yeah, we were passionate but now we're only faking
My darling I don't how much that I could take this, t-take this

Then you pressed the button again and turned off the filter. You went back to singing so perfectly that you were shocking everyone including Steve. You started to sing a bit louder  and faster.

L is for the way you lie to me
O is for the other ones you see, yeah and
V is for vindictive chew my heart and then you spit it
E hurts even more but who knows what I keep hoping for

Steve knew what he did was not ok even though Sharon kissed him first he shouldn't have kissed back.  You started singing  slower because it was almost the end.

If love is crumbling right before our eyes
Oh, my dear we just can't get it right
So take the memories and won't you hold them close for me?
'Cause love's not what it used to be
My baby loves not what it used to be

  And that was the end of the song.You handed the mic to someone else and you just left. You went back to your room and sat in your bed. You hoped that Steve knew why you sang that song and what you meant. Nat and Wanda said it was just a kiss but you didn't know that for sure.

You looked up and saw Steve but you said nothing to him. He walked in and told you what happened.  The only thing you could say was "Why?"  He stayed silent . "I don't know." He said. "I'm really sorry, I was stupid and if you don't love me any more that's fine but I'm just letting you know that I'll never stop loving you."  He said. There was a pause until you said  "I love you Steven but if you pull something like that again I won't be as nice." He laughed and pulled you into a hug.

"I really liked the little show you put on." He said. "I hoped you did." You said. He kissed you on your nose then on your lips like he always did. Then you stayed in your bed together cuddling. Then you randomly said "Your lucky I didn't go with Nat and Wanda to go kill Sharon." Steve laughed a little and kissed the top of your head and you continued to stay the way you were until you fell asleep.

A/n: Hi, I hope that you enjoyed this story. I really don't know how
Relationship stuff works so if this isn't good I'm sorry.
The lyrics aren't mine or anything I just used them for this story.
-Olivia